Spray a mixture of bleach and water on the mold and scrub with a plastic-bristled brush. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
Here's a video that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U754kIgjhus
Hi, here are a bunch of posts that will help... https://www.hometalk.com/search/all?filter=get%20rid%20of%20mold%20
For a more natural way to get rid of mold in the bathroom, you can use distilled vinegar. You can even make a cleaning paste by stirring together 1/2 cup baking soda and several teaspoons of water. Spread the paste over the moldy grout, let sit for 10 minutes, then scrub the mold away with a brush. Rinse with water.
Have you heard of the mold armor product line? When nothing else works, I use that for the bathroom. They have a mold and mildew remover and then another spray for a mold blocker. I use both and it works great. I just let the remover sit for a while and then the scrubbing is minimal.
Hi! Maybe this will help
Once you get rid of the mold (some people regularly use Wet n' Forget for Showers), evaluate your exhaust fan. It may be too ineffective for your bath. They can be now purchased with an auto humidity sensor, turning on and off, automatically.
Shower/tub corners require thorough drying to reduce potential for mold development. A shower squeegee and microfiber cloth really do make a difference.
Also, don't use fabric softener in your towels and fabric shower curtain,as it reduces absorbency. Use wool felted dryer balls, instead. They work just as well, and have no chemicals to harm you. A quick drying fabric shower liner releases moisture faster than a plastic liner.
My go-to cleaner for Mildew Stains in my shower grout was Scrub Free with Bleach. I haven't been able to find it in the stores for a long time, and the other brands weren't as effective. I tried Toilet bowl cleaner with bleach (the gel type), which worked like a charm! I ran a bead of it over the mildew and let it sit on there until the grout was white again. The Scrub Free Gave a bleach smell that was so noxious I could only se it when I had all the windows open in my house. The toilet bowl cleaner is not sprayed into the air, so there is less smell. I put my exhaust fan on in the bathroom and keep the door closed and you can hardly smell it in the rest of the house. The brand I used was Great Value at Walmart.
Great directions here:
I have used this tool and it is fantastic.
The dollar stores carry a mold spray that works well. Vinegar works equally as well. Bleach and vinegar can both kill mold, but vinegar is much more effective for removing mold from porous materials. This is because bleach only kills mold spores on the surface of affected materials. Vinegar will penetrate porous materials and kill the mold at the roots
Hey Mrc: Give this a go: https://www.rd.com/list/mildew/
There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly
PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean
White cleaning vinegar will kill mold. Then you can work on removing the stains. You may have to use a bleaching cleanser to move the stains. Most importantly, vent the area well to prevent future mold issues. I installed a small ceiling fan in my bathroom to help circulate the air after my husband takes long steaming showers.
To start - it is important to understand the causes and how to prevent bathroom mold in the first place. Mold grows in dark, damp and not well ventilated places. To prevent mold growth:
1) Use your bathroom ventilation fan when you shower, and leave it on for 30 minutes following the end of your bath; if you don’t have an exhaust fan, leave open a window in the bathroom (if you have one) and I would advise consulting an in-person professional to install one
2) Try to keep humidity levels below 50%; a dehumidifier can help with this
3) Don’t keep bottles of shampoo or shower gel, on the shower floor, as they provide places for mold to grow and hide.
To remove the mold - trying vinegar which helps to kill mold spores but does less to remove the surface stains is usually the first sep. I recommend:
1) Remove the surface mold: Use an antifungal surface cleaner -
Use a brush to scrub (e..g, a tooth brush)
2) Clean the stains: you can try household cleaning products like (bleach) - mixing equal parts water and bleach in a spray bottle. Leave on the area for ~10 minutes.
3) Once steps 1-2 done, wipe the surface dry and use vinegar to kill the mold spores.
4) you may need to strip the sealant if the mold does not come off.
To discuss virtually with a service professional check out:
Scrub with bleach
In the cleaning Isle of a supermarket you can buy a cleaner especially for black mould.
Spray with clorox. Leave shower door open for ventilation.