Asked on Aug 3, 2020

How to avoid pet fur?

Elite MaterDeb KFrugalFamilyTimes.com
+4

my kitties love going under my bed with dust ruffle. Looking for product that is not a spray that i can treat fur problem on dust ruffle.Have tried rollers and at 80 get weary of trying to vaccum up fur on both sides of dust ruffle.. Help please Thanks

• Johnavallance82

Hello AnnMarie,

Brush your cats or vacuum them if they will let you. Otherwise book them into the cat parlour for a wash and brush up!

• Em

I have never heard of anything that would work except the type of fabric. Silk is a great fabric that prevents dog or cat hair from sticking to its surface. Even though it will still be on the blanket, it will be easier to shake off since it doesn’t actually stick. You can easily run through a silk sheet with your dog sponge or lint roller to get all of the pet hair off.

They do make a spray the repels wet things from sticking to fabric called Never Wet that repels things from sticking but that is a spray and for some reason you said you don't want a spray. Other than than good luck with pet hair. I have been battling that one for over 50 years.

• Cynthia Carroll Hall

Or you can try an anti-static spray (which you said you would rather not have) on the bed ruffle. Or just do with out the dust ruffle, which is finally what I had to do with my cats.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Could you make a little tunnel out of cardboard they could use? Place it somewhere you don’t see readily. Maybe they’d prefer that and not brush against the ruffle! :)

• Deb K

Hello AnnMarie, I feel for you, I have a Chow and in the spring and summer it is all about the shedding fur, I use lint rollers alot!! Is your dust ruffle the type you can remove easily? If so, just take it off and toss it into the dryer on low or fluff air for about 10 minutes an that will remove a lot of the fur. If unable to remove the ruffle, try using the vacuum with the fuzzy duster end, it is easier than using no attachment at all. Hope this helps !

• Elite Mater

Animals need some extra care because they are unable to do anything about themself.You need to find out some best written tips and producs which can provide the clean habbit to your cat and I would say suggest you to get the edubirdie options for getting the edubirdie review option of writing information which will be helpful for you.