Add Some ‘Jewelry’ to Your Flower Arrangement With Magnets

$20

A surprise addition to your flowers will have your arrangement buzzing with added charm.

I created an arrangement using garden and grocery store flowers. Details on the easy flower arranging method below. Sunflowers, Larkspur, Aster, Goldenrod and Hypericum Berries join Limelight Hydrangeas cut from the garden.

I had a bee in my bonnet on how to incorporate bees in the arrangement to go with the embossed bee design of the container. I decided to use bee magnets I had, attaching them to a metal binder clip on top of a bamboo skewer, to add a bit of bee ‘jewelry’ to the arrangement.

I gave the bees a 2-minute makeover, adding some silver highlights first, HERE, transforming them with Rub ‘n Buff.  

The bee magnets stick the metal binder clip and are hidden by the magnet. The arrangement is buzzing with bees for added interest and to pair with the bee embossed pot and bee-themed table!

Note: Binder clips come in different sizes and colors so you can camouflage your clips so they blend with your flowers. You can find binder clips where office supplies are sold,

To arrange the flowers, I used a favorite flower arranging tool, chicken wire, an eco-friendly alternative to wet floral foam, as it is reusable. Cut your chicken wire at least 4 inches wider than the opening of your container, so you have some excess wire to bend and hold against the walls of your container. Use waterproof floral tape if needed, to keep the chicken wire from lifting as your arrange your stems.

You can find bamboo skewers in 10 and 12-inch lengths at most grocery stores. Tuck them in among your flowers with the binder clip attached to the top.

I love to cut hydrangeas for a flower arrangement in the summer or fall. If you’re looking for an easy to grow, low maintenance shrub for your garden that will provide beautiful cut and dried flowers too, see my Public Service Announcement:  Plant a Limelight Hydrangea. . .or Five.

Here are few tips to help extend the life of your flowers in your arrangement:

• Cut your flower stems at a 45 degree angle for maximum water uptake and remove any leaves below the water line.
  • Always add the floral preservative packets to your vase water that come with your flowers from the store.
  • Check your water level to top it off as needed. Some flowers like sunflowers and hydrangeas are heavy drinkers.
  •  Change your vase water every other day if possible.
  •  Keep your flower arrangement away from heat or direct sunlight.

Buzz over to see the table details at the blog link below!

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Mary Coakley

Like your inclusion of bees checked your blog I.have a few different hydrangea but never.came a cross.yours.there beautiful I live in Europe possibly not.native.to.us

• Bonnie Bowness

Good Morning Gorgeous,Your flower arrangement is soooooo beautiful.I just love how exciting it is .It is so cute.Love the bees.If someone ever sent that to me I would be so thrilled.Its alive and full of fun.Great job Mary.Cheers!!!!!!!Bonnie