How to Easily Add Lights Anywhere Without Electricity

$100

Want to hang up a cute sconce, but don’t have electricity to wire it up?! Then look no further! I will show you just how easy it is to hang up a light fixture without wiring it up! Plus you can save so much money by not having to hire an electrician!

https://morningsonmacedonia.com/how-to-style-an-entryway-table/

Materials Needed for Project:

Here is what the inside looks like.
  • Sconce or lighting fixture of your choice
  • Puck lights (You can order them from Amazon. See my blog post for the direct link of which ones I used for this project).
  • Puck light remote
  • Floral wire
  • Batteries for puck lights

Wrap Floral Wire Around Lightbulb Base

The first thing you need to do is wrap floral wire all around the base of where the lightbulb would normally go. This wire will help secure the puck light in place. I wrapped it around several times to secure a good fit.

Secure Back of Puck Light to Base

Using the floral wire, secure the back of the puck light to the base as well. This will make it easier to remove the actual puck light when you need to change the batteries in the future. All you will have to do is twist the light off, but the back will remain secure. So then you can just re-add the light as soon as you replace the batteries.

Attach the Puck Light

All you have to do to attach the puck light is simply screw it onto the back of light that is already attached. And viola! That is your light without wiring it up!

Hang up the Sconce

Once you have the puck light in and secure, you can now hang up the light! The sconces I ordered were all hardwired already and I didn’t want to cut off the wires in case I actually wanted to use them somewhere else in the future. So I simply just tucked them in the back of the fixture and you can’t see them at all once we hung it up!

Style the Space

Ta-da! Here is the finished project. These lights are perfect for an entryway space or over a bedside table too. So many possibilities and so easy too! We just simply turn it off and on with the puck light remote. And there is the option to use it at 100% or 50% power or you can customize it and dim it to where you want it as well. There is also a timer feature to the remote too where you can set it for a particular amount of time and it will turn off automatically once it reaches that mark. It’s perfect because it saves your batteries by doing that!

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Charity

• Lace Kahclamat

But how well do those lights work?

• Charity

They’ve worked perfect for me. I haven’t had any problems with them at all.

• Doris Perkins Foley

Can you do this idea with pendant lights?

• Charity

I haven't personally done that, but I don't see why you couldn't. I'm sure it would work!

• Eliza

Puck lights are batteried ? ....if so where to purchase super ¢ cheap ?

Great outcome ... my electrical system is not thriving ... anything solar or simple batteried is meaningful .......

💡🕯️🔦 Eliza 🌹~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Charity

Yes they are battery operated. You can order big packs of batteries off of amazon too

• Lisa West

Sneaky idea love it.

• Phyllis
    12 hours ago

Love this idea. I need lighting above my kitchen sink. This is the solution!!! Have already ordered the pucks, now in search for a light fixture! Thanks!!!!

• Charity
      16 minutes ago

Oh perfect! That sounds great! Good luck choosing a light fixture!