DIY 3D Clothespin Stars

$6

I’m really excited to show you guys the latest update to Scout’s room. I made these DIY 3D Clothespin Stars for her ceiling and I love how cool they turned out. These stars were easy to make and the perfect addition to her bedroom and the best part is that she loves them. Scout is going into 5th grade and it seems like overnight she turned into a teenager. She started telling me that her room was no longer her style and she wanted it completely different. At first, this really hurt my feelings because over the years, I’ve spent so much time working on her room. I get it now and understand that she’s trying to figure out who she is and her taste has nothing to do with my feelings.

I used three packs of clothespins from the dollar store for this project.

Take the clothespins apart and glue the flat sides together with a hot glue gun.

When the clothespins are glued together, it's time to turn them into stars.

Use your hot glue gun to attach the pieces to each other.

When all the stars are glued together, you can spray paint in your color of choice. This took a few different coats to make sure I got all the sides evenly.

When the stars were dry it was time to hang them on Scout's ceiling. I cut a Command strip in half and used it to hang the stars.

I pressed each star firmly onto the ceiling for 40 seconds.

I love how the stars look in her room. They are really cool and something unexpected when you walk into her room.

I think it would also be fun to make these and then paint them with glow in the dark paint or even hang on the wall.

25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Scarlett Jackson Hiatt

Hi! The stars are cool! I am wondering what type of ceiling is it attached to.. it looks shiny.. is that just a painted drywall ceiling?

• Peggy

This beautiful. My problem is with the command strips, even though I follow their instructions; in the middle of the night things go crash, bam. Even very light things. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I’ve had that happen before also. I know you really have to check the weight allowance for each hook and also be sure to press for 40 Full seconds when attaching to the wall or ceiling.