Garden Chandeliers

$20

Natural and rustic garden chandeliers to bring some charm to your garden lighting!

When my mom said she wanted to make her garden enjoyable for her retirement I got right to work on creating a haven and found some old hanging baskets in her shed. All you need to do is take a walk to your local park or forest to scavenge a bunch of twigs (perfect task for the kids), add some solar fairy lights and you have a garden chandelier!

before you start, make sure your hanging basket is styled like mine with a lot of sections so that you can weave the twigs through. If there aren’t many sections you would need longer and more flexible twigs.

I made two styles, and they both start like this using a solar panel on a stake pushed into the hole in the bottom of the iron hanging basket - secure with zip ties if there are holes to do so, if not, it should still be fine, you could use a little silicone to make sure it’s held down.

The twigs

Next take your twigs and weave through the basket, securing with twine as you go. It doesn’t have to be tidy, this is a rustic diy!

String lights

Once the whole basket is woven it’s times to add and secure your set of string lights, utilizing the ends of twigs that stick out. You can also use some zip ties hidden throughout to ensure a good. I only used zip ties at the top.

I made 3 of this style, hung them and waited for nightfall. You can find the other style if you continue on

2nd style

The second style is super easy, I hung these ones in the plants at the back of the garden. All you have to do is wrap your string lights to cover the whole structure of the basket

And simply wait till nightfall! Hope you’re inspired!!

16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings