Create a Pool Storage Pallet for Pennies on the Dollar

$10

Pallet DIYs are all the rage right now! This simple project will create a pool storage unit from a pallet and some basic DIY supplies. It’s up to you how fancy you want to make it, but in my step-by-step tutorial I’ll show you how to create a basic pool storage unit out of a pallet and a few hooks. Get ready for hours of summer fun without worrying about where to hang towels and bathing suits to dry!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Tools and Materials

Tools and Materials:

• Pallet
  • Spray paint (or a stain if you prefer)
  • Cup hooks (you can use whatever kinds of hooks you like)
Paint the Pallet
Paint the Pallet

I chose to use a spray paint that has a primer built in already, but you can really paint your pallet however you see fit. You could even stain it if you like! I wanted mine to be brightly colored, so I chose a stunning turquoise spray paint for my project. I applied a few coats of spray paint to my pallet and let it dry completely. Make sure that whenever you work with spray paint you do so in a well-ventilated area and protect anything you don’t want to get paint on. I’ve found it best to work outside with a tarp or trash bags underneath the piece I’m painting to protect the concrete.

Pool Storage with Hooks
Add Hooks

Once the pallet was completely dry, I brought it back inside and added a few hooks. I chose to go with cup hooks that already had screws coming out of the back. 

Add Hooks

If needed, drill a pilot hole first and then screw it in, however I found that the wood was soft enough for me to just screw it straight into the pallet. 

DIY Pool Storage

You can embellish this pallet in any way you like, with vinyl transfers or decorative hooks. You could even paint your hooks to match your pallet or in a contrasting color. 

Store Your Pool Toys
Store Your Pool Toys

There are so many different ways you can use this pallet to store your pool toys and towels! I’ve found it convenient to slip pool noodles into the frame. And you don’t even have to screw it into the wall! It sits nicely propped up against a wall. Of course, if you want it to be more secure you can always screw it into the wall if needed.

Pool Storage Pallet

How would you make use of this nifty pool storage pallet? Let me know in the comments below!

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty

• Doreen Kennedy
    Doreen Kennedy

I love the look of your pool storage pallet We used pallets to make a pretty potting bench along with pressure treated wood for the legs, Unfortunately the pallets rotted 🙁. Termites ended up eating the rotted wood. Maybe I should of used a better quality paint with a sealer. How many coats of paint did you use on your pallet?

• Billie
      Billie

You can also pour bleach on the wood and into the ground underneath it you will not have termites.

• Carmen Aguirre Lopez
    Carmen Aguirre Lopez

i like the idea my concern about the dust

• Gia
      Gia

Wear a mask We all have to wear one in public... wear it while you work.

• Pat Hatzfeld
    Pat Hatzfeld

Do I need to take "doors" off first?

• Margaet may
    Margaet may

Pallets should not be used for items that come in contact with your skin or in a kitchen. They are treated and painting them does nothing . Toxins galore and feces from rodents imbedded in wood. Wish these pallet ideas would disappear. Much info online if you want to learn more.

• User
    User

Your article is very useful, the content is great, I have read a lot of articles, but for your article, it left me a deep impression, thank you for sharing. happy wheels