Create a Pool Storage Pallet for Pennies on the Dollar

$10

Pallet DIYs are all the rage right now! This simple project will create a pool storage unit from a pallet and some basic DIY supplies. It’s up to you how fancy you want to make it, but in my step-by-step tutorial I’ll show you how to create a basic pool storage unit out of a pallet and a few hooks. Get ready for hours of summer fun without worrying about where to hang towels and bathing suits to dry!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Tools and Materials

Tools and Materials:

• Pallet
  • Spray paint (or a stain if you prefer)
  • Cup hooks (you can use whatever kinds of hooks you like)

Paint the Pallet

Paint the Pallet

I chose to use a spray paint that has a primer built in already, but you can really paint your pallet however you see fit. You could even stain it if you like! I wanted mine to be brightly colored, so I chose a stunning turquoise spray paint for my project. I applied a few coats of spray paint to my pallet and let it dry completely. Make sure that whenever you work with spray paint you do so in a well-ventilated area and protect anything you don’t want to get paint on. I’ve found it best to work outside with a tarp or trash bags underneath the piece I’m painting to protect the concrete.

Add Hooks

Pool Storage with Hooks

Once the pallet was completely dry, I brought it back inside and added a few hooks. I chose to go with cup hooks that already had screws coming out of the back. 

Add Hooks

If needed, drill a pilot hole first and then screw it in, however I found that the wood was soft enough for me to just screw it straight into the pallet. 

DIY Pool Storage

You can embellish this pallet in any way you like, with vinyl transfers or decorative hooks. You could even paint your hooks to match your pallet or in a contrasting color. 

Store Your Pool Toys

Store Your Pool Toys

There are so many different ways you can use this pallet to store your pool toys and towels! I’ve found it convenient to slip pool noodles into the frame. And you don’t even have to screw it into the wall! It sits nicely propped up against a wall. Of course, if you want it to be more secure you can always screw it into the wall if needed.

Pool Storage Pallet

How would you make use of this nifty pool storage pallet? Let me know in the comments below!

15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Memorial Day Crafts
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!

• Doreen Kennedy

I love the look of your pool storage pallet We used pallets to make a pretty potting bench along with pressure treated wood for the legs, Unfortunately the pallets rotted 🙁. Termites ended up eating the rotted wood. Maybe I should of used a better quality paint with a sealer. How many coats of paint did you use on your pallet?

• Billie

You can also pour bleach on the wood and into the ground underneath it you will not have termites.

• Carmen Aguirre Lopez

i like the idea my concern about the dust

• Gia

Wear a mask We all have to wear one in public... wear it while you work.

• Margaet may

Pallets should not be used for items that come in contact with your skin or in a kitchen. They are treated and painting them does nothing . Toxins galore and feces from rodents imbedded in wood. Wish these pallet ideas would disappear. Much info online if you want to learn more.

• User

Your article is very useful, the content is great, I have read a lot of articles, but for your article, it left me a deep impression, thank you for sharing. happy wheels