Shabby Chic Coffee Can Makeover

$2

Are you like me constantly looking for perfect planter to fit your home decor? If your answer is yes you may like this budget friendly project. Gather some big can , some pretty napkins, Mod- Podge and paint and you are ready to go. My latest obsession in my home decor are black and white patterns with bit of gold. If you like to check some of my favorites check HERE.

Are you ready to transform with me big coffee can into one stunning planter?

Just because my napkin had a light background I decided to paint my can with white acrylic paint to give nice base to my decoupage project. One coat of paint nicely covered can design

When paint dried completely apply thin coat of Mod- Podge. Separate ply's of your napkin and slowly attach 1 ply with design on it to your can. To make my napkin application look smooth I started from the middle of my napkin. I was so lucky that napkin I chose was big enough to cover my entire can.

I absolutely love how this can instantly changed its look. If you see any wrinkles make sure to stretch those out with some Saran Wrap.

I absolutely love how my can turned out so I decided to bring some gold accents to it so I gather some big wooden beads and painted them gold. They will for sure make super awesome "planter legs"

Little bit of E6000 and my 3 wooden beads are attached to the bottom of my stylish planter made out of can

Just because I loved that gentle splash of gold I decided to add some gold highlights to the trim of my new planter.

I had so much fun making that planter that I decided to take another can and put other napkin to use and have super cool set.

What do you think about my new pair of planters? I cant wait to incorporate into my home decor together or in separate areas

Don't you think all those patterns fit perfectly together? I absolutely love that color combination together!

All those projects in the pictures were made by me from scraps or pieces from Dollar Tree.

If you enjoyed that project you may like to check tutorial on my drawers How to build Shabby Chic Drawers

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Agnes Chrzanowska

• Benesse

Your wooden beads (used as feet) have a flat side which easily glues to the surface. Where did you get them? Every bead I wound was completely round and not usable.

• Crystal McKinley

The flat side of the bead is usually the sides with the hole so that they will line up close to one another in jewelry projects.

• Pris

I’m sorry but did you use modge Podge on the can to hold the napkin? Then what do you do to seal it?

• Susan

I did something similar but no "feet" - that really gives a finished and polished look. I also just recently made another using the large craft sticks, cut off each end to make flat, stained with walnut stain, hot glued to sides, used a black poly cord from Dollar Tree to wrap about 4 rows around top and bottom. Plopped in some fall leaves, flowers, etc...housewarming gift for a man. Looks good for my talent level (low!) - LOL!

• Lisa West

I think I have commented before not sure. How ever you do the cutest work. Love it.cans are great you can do somuch with them with very little supplies. Plus its just fun.