Asked on Aug 7, 2020

Repainting ?

Agnes ChrzanowskaHolly Lengner - Lost MomWilliam
+18

what kind of brushes should I use to repaint this. I bought this at Lowe’s many years ago and as you can see the weather has faded the paint.

• Recreated Designs

Hi Judy, you can use any type of brush that you feel comfortable with. Since it is fairly narrow, I would use a 1" brush. If you need more info on brushes you can find it here... https://www.recreateddesigns.com/2017/02/everything-ever-wanted-know-paint-brushes/

• Deb K

Hi Judy, you can use acrylic paint on this ,just make sure it is clean before you start, once you finish, you can put a clear coat on it, to preserve it. Hope this helps you out!

• Redcatcec

I would use a 1"-1.5" synthetic brush with an angled bristle, those are my favorites. They get into small spaces that a flat bristled brush can't. Acrylic paint with a clear coat would be the preferred finish to protect your project. Best to you, so adorable and a fun project.

• I like angled brushes for getting into the crevices.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

I would purchase a set so you can get several different sizes!

• Kathy Gunter Law

I am a big fan of Wooster and Purdy brushes but for that, I think spray paint would work better.

• Em

Any batch of craft brushes would work. Buy a package of multiple sizes with very fine ones for detail work. Give it several coats of spray clear poly when thru. Spray paint will not get you any detail work.

• Simple Nature Decor

Use a paint brush that has a edge so you can get into the corner

Hi Judy: That's really cute :) I'd use a couple sizes of bristle brushes. The brushes you get at the dollar store are just fine and sometimes come in a 3 pack. I'd use the wider ones on the top and the smaller one on the bunny. You might even want to buy a smaller brush for that area. A good thing to do is to wash the item so it is completely clean, and let it dry a couple of days in the sun so that the areas that are hard to get to dry out, too. Other than that, you're good to go :) Good Luck

• Unique Creations By Anita

I would say it all depends on the paint you are going to be using.

• You can use pretty well any brush that you feel comfortable using.

• Cindy

Hi Judy. I would use a 1" brush with angle for the top. Then smaller brush for the detail work on the bottom portion. That little bunny is so cute. Have fun when you paint it. I would add 2 coats of sealer after it is painted since it will live outside.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

If you use a fabric paint brush (usually white bristles) those are fine and the brush strokes are harder to see

• Cheryl A

you could buy foam brushes (they have them at dollar tree) and then throw them away once you are done and I love this with the bunny on the bottom -

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I'd get a few different brushes... a detail brush that is smaller for corners, maybe a foam brush for the larger areas, etc. I'd look at Hobby Lobby, Michaels or Joanns.

I would use some cheap chip brushes. 1", 1 1/2" and 2". You don't need expensive or special brushes.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I would use outdoor paint and a good sealer when you are done painting your sculpture. You can get packs with many different sizes of brushes for just a few dollars at Walmart or craft stores that would work for your project.

• Agnes Chrzanowska

I would for sure add some color ! Super cool project to have