Stencil Tile Backsplash

$15

Earlier this year, I toyed around with tiling our "breakfast nook" and got as far as ordering samples. I envisioned a pistachio green wall for that retro flare to match our KitchenAid appliances. Fast forward 4 months: I finally did something about it, but not in the way you'd expect! I used the tile stencil and paint I got for a future bathroom project.

This is what the space looked like before. The white walls gave the space a simple and clean look, but it was time for a change.

Pick a stencil pattern

I used a pouncer from a past stenciling project.

Start stenciling from a corner

Use a level to keep the pattern straight. Our ceiling wasn't exactly level and required touch up afterwards.

Keep stenciling!

You will need to bend the stencil for the edges and hand-paint the corners.

The Final Product

Here's a sneak peek! Want to see more? Check out my blog post for more "after" photos and links to items seen here. Last but not least, follow along on Instagram for daily inspirations!

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Pat

Love this look What is color on your cabinets, please? Is the stencil color the same?

• Amy Meiers

Did you paint your cabinets too? They look totally different in the after pictures.

• Heena

I did not! The photos are different due to lighting conditions & photo editing. I would say the true color is somewhere in between - the shadows in the "before" make it look darker and the editing in the "after" lifts the colors. Thanks for reading 😊