Stencil Tile Backsplash

3 materials
$15

Earlier this year, I toyed around with tiling our "breakfast nook" and got as far as ordering samples. I envisioned a pistachio green wall for that retro flare to match our KitchenAid appliances. Fast forward 4 months: I finally did something about it, but not in the way you'd expect! I used the tile stencil and paint I got for a future bathroom project.

This is what the space looked like before. The white walls gave the space a simple and clean look, but it was time for a change.

Pick a stencil pattern

I used a pouncer from a past stenciling project.

Start stenciling from a corner

Use a level to keep the pattern straight. Our ceiling wasn't exactly level and required touch up afterwards.

Keep stenciling!

You will need to bend the stencil for the edges and hand-paint the corners.

The Final Product

Here's a sneak peek! Want to see more? Check out my blog post for more "after" photos and links to items seen here. Last but not least, follow along on Instagram for daily inspirations!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 34 comments
Next