Stencil Tile Backsplash

$15

Earlier this year, I toyed around with tiling our "breakfast nook" and got as far as ordering samples. I envisioned a pistachio green wall for that retro flare to match our KitchenAid appliances. Fast forward 4 months: I finally did something about it, but not in the way you'd expect! I used the tile stencil and paint I got for a future bathroom project.

This is what the space looked like before. The white walls gave the space a simple and clean look, but it was time for a change.

Pick a stencil pattern

I used a pouncer from a past stenciling project.

Start stenciling from a corner

Use a level to keep the pattern straight. Our ceiling wasn't exactly level and required touch up afterwards.

Keep stenciling!

You will need to bend the stencil for the edges and hand-paint the corners.

The Final Product

Here's a sneak peek! Want to see more? Check out my blog post for more "after" photos and links to items seen here. Last but not least, follow along on Instagram for daily inspirations!

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer

• Pat
    Pat

Love this look What is color on your cabinets, please? Is the stencil color the same?

• Amy Meiers
    Amy Meiers

Did you paint your cabinets too? They look totally different in the after pictures.

• Home by Heena
      Home by Heena

I did not! The photos are different due to lighting conditions & photo editing. I would say the true color is somewhere in between - the shadows in the "before" make it look darker and the editing in the "after" lifts the colors. Thanks for reading 😊