Asked on Aug 10, 2020

Flea re-treating cycle ?

Deb KSharonCynthia H
+12

The grand-dog brought fleas to my house. Bug bombed the wee out of it today. Will vacuum up dead fleas & eggs tomorrow. How long until I re-bomb? 10 days, 2 weeks?

I read all kinds of time lines.

• It should say on the packaging. About 2 weeks seems right tho

• Redcatcec

Flea eggs hatch in a 12 day cycle, here's the biology lesson on them, that would be how you can effectively treat:

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/insects/flea2.htm

• Michelle Leslie

Hi, love that you grand-doggy sit  Flea eggs hatch anywhere between 2 (Summer) and 12 days (Winter). So I would bug bomb them again as soon as possible days if it's Summer on your side of the world or in 10 days if it's Winter over there

• Unexpected Elegance

There is some good information here:

https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/fleas.htm

• Em

If you used a vet approved bomb you should not have to re-bomb. The cheapy ones you buy at the stores often don't correctly break the flea cycle and are a waste of money. The bombs are meant to not allow the eggs to hatch in the first place or act as a break in the reproductive cycle of the females. Make sure you use a vet approved one. Once should be enough and make sure grand dog has been treated properly with fleas with something like Sentinel or Bravecto.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. We have 3 dogs and if it weren't for the good medication from our vet, I bet we would have a problem too. Hope this information helps you. The dog needs to be groomed and see the vet. Good luck.

How To Kill Fleas In 2020 And Get Rid Of Them Forever (From ...

thebugskiller.com › how-to-kill-fleas-and-get-rid-of-the...

Jan 7, 2020 - You'll be glad to know that it actually only takes about 1-2 days of diligence to completely rid your house of fleas (for even the worst infestations), ...

• Mogie

We use DE around the house and Seresto flea collars on all the pets.

When you vacuum be sure to get all soft surfaces. And what can be washed should be.

But I have never had to use a second bug bomb.

• Simple Nature Decor

Rebomb if it didnt work the first time is what I did.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Do you know where you bought the bomb at and could you find directions for it online that will tell you?

Hi Lifestyles: You can make a spray of a couple drops of Dawn and water and spray around your house. This should kill the fleas. Fleas live about 2 or 3 months, so don't look for a quick fix :( When you vacuum your floors, empty the tube, if that's the type of vacuum you have, or remove the bag and put the whole thing in a plastic bag and throw away outside. The fleas will live in the vacuum and then sneak out and start living large in your house if you don't. It will take a while to get rid of them, so hang in there.

• Cynthia H

Hi! The cycle is two weeks, but, you will need to be vigilant with your bagging, cleaning and vacuuming during that time. I now use diatomaceous earth to deal with pests like fleas because it dehydrates the bugs and eggs. Something I learned the hard way Is to empty your vacuum into the outside garbage can. Then wipe it down while you're out there. I also kept things bagged a month instead of two weeks. We had a terrible infestation until I took those steps, had all of our pets groomed and flea dipped, and vacuumed daily for a month. It worked, but I hope to never go through that again. Good luck and stay safe!

• Sharon

Fleas hatch in 9 days. I don't do the bug bombs. I sprinkle 20 Mule Team Laundry Borax on the rugs, furniture etc. by filling a glass jar and poking lots of holes in the jar lid to make a shaker. Leave on for 3 hrs, won't hurt you, kids or pets. Then vacuum up. If they are real bad I shampoo the rugs. This is the routine the vet gave me and its worked good for years, and don't kill myself with poison. I also do my furniture periodically with Bug Off Non-toxic Insect Repellent by Greenerways that I get on Amazon.