Easy DIY Wood Napkin Rings - Add Style to Your Dining Table

$10

One of my new favorite things are cloth napkins. So far I like them better than the paper napkins and our use of paper napkins has gone way down.

With that, I thought these DIY Wood Napkin Rings would be a great compliment to the new cloth napkins and would add some character to our dining tale. I made them from a short piece of scrap 2 x 4, and I had all the other supplies at home, so this means they were basically FREE to make.

My napkin rings measured 2 x 2 inches. I didn't cut my rings until after the holes were drilled. I figured it would be easier to cut the holes first then cut the wood.

I ripped cut the 2 x 4 on each side down to equal exactly 2 inches wide - by rip cutting both sides of the 2 x 4 it removes the curved edges giving the wood a modern look.

Mark and drill the holes. Using a square I marked and drew a line down the middle of the length of the 2 x 4. Then I marked where to drill the holes. I made sure to mark the holes wide enough to allow for 2 x 2 inch cuts. Use either a 1 1/2 inch hole saw or forstner bit and drill the holes. 

Cut off each napkin ring. Measure and mark for 2 inches and make the cuts. 

Sand the inside and outside of the rings. 

Stain the rings. I used Minwax Dark Walnut. I applied with a scrap t-shirt and dried it with another t-shirt. 

Let the stain dry.

You can stop here or you can go to the next step and add some fun stencils. I made four eating related stencils to add to the napkin rings. If you would like access to the four stencils please visit my webpage below and sign up for my Resource Library. I cut the stencils out using my Silhouette Cameo. Then I used transfer paper to apply them to the napkin rings.

Once your ready, add your napkins and dig in!

If you liked these napkin rings then check out my entire page of scrap wood projects.

If you struggle to start and finish every DIY project then check out these 5 simple tips.

Thanks for checking out this project! Come by and say hi to me!

Happy building,

Tiffany

• Saw  (hardware store)
  • Forstner bit  (hardware store)
  • Drill  (hardware store)

15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Tiffany from Dream Design DIY