Fill a Burlap Bag for This Fall Decoration

$20

Find a cute burlap bag (or make one) like this and make an adorable fall decoration you can hang on a door or use it to add a touch of fall color anyplace in your home!

When I spotted these  cute little bags at Target, I knew these would be perfect for a fall decoration. I just didn’t know until I got started how I would use them. 

As with other crafts, it just came to me, and I began to fill the bag with plastic shopping bags to make it appear full. 

Turn the bag over and cut a small hole in the back of it as shown above. I did this so I could hang this on a door. You will see later that I found an even better use for this project!

A piece of styrofoam left from a swag would be perfect for this project. You can see the details on how I set this up at my  Knock Off Door Swag post

The hanger on the back of the styrofoam from the swag is pulled through the hole I cut in the back of the burlap bag. I can hang the bag from this hook. 

The top of the bag was filled with additional scraps of styrofoam. You could also use dry floral foam. 

My bag was all ready to add some of those apples and pumpkins to it! 

Wooden skewers were stuck into small faux pumpkins and apples. 

With skewers in all of my pumpkins and apples, I will be ready to fill my burlap bag. 

Stick all of the pumpkins and the apples into the top of the bag, securing them into the foam inside the bag. 

Three stems of Dollar Tree fall leaves were cut apart and tucked into the spaces between the apples and pumpkins. 

This fun and unique decoration is ready to hang on the door for fall! 

It was too early for me to put a fall decoration on my front door, so I brought it inside. When I casually sat the bag down on my island, I realized this was where my bag belonged! I added a few apples and an apple candle for a perfect vignette for fall. 

A joy of creating and crafting is that you may think you are heading one direction with a project and end up in a totally different direction.  Tuck an apple scented candle next to your bag and enjoy! I hope I have inspired you to to start creating!   I would love to have you stop by my blog ,  Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Chloe Crabtree

• Adele

What did you used to make the letters in the truck and if you use stencils where did you get them such a clever idea

• Jeanne Martin

Drat, sold out in my area. But I sew, have lots of burlap and know how to stencil!

• Brianinbc

Actually a suggestion. Love this as it is, but why not use a permanent marker and draw jack-o-lantern faces on a couple of the pumpkins?

• Teresa Rogers

Good idea but you could use it longer than just at Halloween. You could put some in temporarily!🤩

• Shubhadarshini Singh

I like the pumpkins. good idea but where can i get the burlap bag!