DIY Wood & Copper Taper Candle Holder

$6

I wanted a table centerpiece that was not only eye catching but something large for our 12 person table. I love taper candles and the looks of black with copper, so I decided to mix all those components together to make the perfect statement piece that cost me only $2 to make since I had all the other supplies on hand!

Supplies

• Wood (1 2x4 @ 20 inches & 1 1x4 @ 6 inches)
  • 3/4 inch copper pipe fittings (59 cents each at hardware store)
  • Rustoleum black spray paint
  • Wood Glue
  • 1 inch paddle bit & drill/impact
  • Orbital sander or sandpaper

STEP 1

Since my wood was already at a desired length I didn't have to cut anything but if not. Decide your lengths and using a miter saw make the cut.

After cutting, find center of each using a measuring tape and line up. Apply wood glue & clamp overnight. If the wood glue doesn't feel strong enough, simply add some screws into the bottom (no one will see them)

STEP 2

Once dried, measure out where you want your candle sticks to sit. I did two on the small top piece and two on the larger piece (this is all preference).

Then, using my impact/ 1 inch paddle bit I went ahead and made the holes.

DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE WOOD, only go about halfway in so your copper piping still shows (it's the showstopper here!!)

STEP 3

Sand down the entire piece including the holes & then either paint using spray paint or stain. I chose spray paint in a matte black finish and I am so glad I did!

Once dried, simply slide your copper pipe into the holes. It should be tight enough that you don't need adhesive ( I didn't use any). If you feel like you want some, any construction adhesive or super glue would work great.

Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/willowcreekfarmco/