Creating a Weathered Wood Grain Finish

$25

Are you wanting to add depth to a solid color or create a wood grain type finish? Here’s how, using white wax!

https://linktr.ee/r.e.pick

Once your piece is painted. (I used DIY paint. It’s a clay based chalk paint) Apply a clear wax. In the pictures you’ll see my favorite products to use. To order, visit my website or contact me on social media. The link is posted.

Apply two coats of clear wax to ensure complete coverage. (Sealing the piece with clear wax will help with the application of a colored wax. It goes on more smoothly)

After the clear wax dries. Time for the white wax. Use a “chip brush”. Size of the brush does not matter. Chip brushes are cheaply made and create a rough brush stroke, which is ideal for this look.

A little goes a long way! Lightly dip your chip brush into the white wax. As you can see, my brush is not covered. Just enough to get on the ends.

Apply the white wax quickly. Colored wax always absorbs into the paint quickly. Typical back and forth brush strokes the SAME direction is how it should be applied.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Quick video of white wax application.

It has so much character now!

Here’s the before.

And after!

And of course a close up!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas

To see more: https://linktr.ee/r.e.picks

• Marcia

How do I get to one I have saved?

• Re-Picks

Hi Marcia! I’m not sure I understand your question. Hopefully the comment above helps!

• Beatriz Orvis

Could you please explain the process from beginning to end? That is...clean, sand, etc? Thank you.

• Re-Picks

Typically with good chalk paint brands there is no sanding required. However, if you have a glossy piece, you can scuff it up a little to help the paint stick better. This post is showing you a technique you can do after a base coat is applied to a piece.

• Dee

Very nice! Did you sand the piece first?

• Re-Picks

I did not. I used chalk paint, and typically With good brands there’s no sanding required. This is a technique for after painting a piece with a base coat.

• Aimee

So pretty!