DIY Ladder Desk With Shelves
If you are in need of a super simple project that is sure to be pretty and functional during this crucial time of e-learning and working from home, then this DIY Ladder Desk with Shelves is perfect. Plus, it can be done is as little as one day
I researched several iterations of this shelf and they all looked pretty simple in design, so I decided to build one
Here is what you need:
- 3-8ft 1×3 pre-primed boards
- Pre-sanded Plywood cut to your desired shelf sizes- each of my shelves are 14 inches deep and 29 inches long
- 16 Everbilt 1 1/2 inch “L” brackets ( each pack comes in a pack of 4)
- 2 Everbilt mending plates, aka straight brackets (each comes in a set of 4)
- paint color of your choice (mine is painted Simply White)
- I bought the flat “L” brackets but ended up not using them for this project.
To begin, I cut all my pieces out using my Ryobi tablesaw. You can look at the full post to see exactly how I cut them.
After everything was cut, I brought all the pieces in to assemble them.Everything was assembled using a combination of L brackets and straight brackets. See the full post for detailed instructions.
To attach the shelves, I attached “L” brackets to the wall using anchors and drilled the bottom of the “L” brackets into the bottom of the shelf
After attaching the shelves, I painted everything using Simply White that I had color matched to Behr Paint
That’s it. I love a super simple one-day project that anyone can do.I think I have a satisfied customer! lol.
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go