DIY Ladder Desk With Shelves

$45
1 Day

If you are in need of a super simple project that is sure to be pretty and functional during this crucial time of e-learning and working from home, then this DIY Ladder Desk with Shelves is perfect. Plus, it can be done is as little as one day

Research

I researched several iterations of this shelf and they all looked pretty simple in design, so I decided to build one

Supplies

Here is what you need:
  • 3-8ft 1×3 pre-primed boards
  • Pre-sanded Plywood cut to your desired shelf sizes- each of my shelves are 14 inches deep and 29 inches long
  • 16  Everbilt 1 1/2 inch “L” brackets ( each pack comes in a pack of 4)
  • 2 Everbilt mending plates, aka straight brackets (each comes in a set of 4)
  • paint color of your choice (mine is painted Simply White)
  • I bought the flat “L” brackets but ended up not using them for this project.

Step 1.

To begin, I cut all my pieces out using my Ryobi tablesaw. You can look at the full post to see exactly how I cut them.

Step 2.

After everything was cut, I brought all the pieces in to assemble them.Everything was assembled using a combination of L brackets and straight brackets. See the full post for detailed instructions.

Step 3.

To attach the shelves, I attached “L” brackets to the wall using anchors and drilled the bottom of the “L” brackets into the bottom of the shelf

Step 4.

After attaching the shelves, I painted everything using Simply White that I had color matched to Behr Paint

Finished Project

That’s it. I love a super simple one-day project that anyone can do.I think I have a satisfied customer! lol.

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Erin | Live Pretty on a Penny