DIY Cardboard Table From Diaper Box

$5

I wanted a table for my laptop when I sit on the floor to work, growing up I have seen my friend use a sit-down table to do her homework. I thought it was a simple style and would be a perfect one to have for my toddler son to use as an activity table or for homework going forward as well as a laptop table for me.

When I was about to recycle the diaper box, I thought why not make my own version of the sit-down table using a cardboard box and here it is. Let's see how to make it.

Cut the top flap of the diaper box or any cardboard box you wanted to use. 

Measure and mark the areas where you want to cut the extras to make it as a table.Cut strips of tissue paper around 2" width. Spray the mod podge both front and inside and cover the edges of the table where cardboard corrugation is visible.

Do this all over the table (Front, back as well as the bottom). Allow it to dry. Repeat it using another layer of tissue paper and mod podge and allow it to dry. 

Spray paint in your color of choice. I chose black spray paint and did 2-3 coats drying in between each coat of paint. I also sprayed a clear coat but it is optional. You can omit this step if you are using patterned tissue paper and give a coat of Mod podge to protect the surface. See the full process of the DIY cardboard table.

This table is perfect as a sit down table.

Click here for the video version.

Click to watch the video version of the DIY cardboard table.

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Sahana

• P74
    P74

So cute looks like a good foot rest too... because my legs would never fit under it ...🤣

• Ilene
    Ilene

This solves the problem I have of desk/chair height not being appropriate for computer use. Thank you.