Easy 10-Minute Shed Door Décor for Summer

$11

Brighten a shed or porch door with a quick and easy update and alternative to a wreath.

I’m always looking for a little door décor to brighten the Potting Shed. The door was a $12 salvage find, as the large panel on the exterior of door was originally glass that was broken. We replaced the glass with wood, and the interior panel of the door is used as a chalkboard, which you can see, HERE. The back door panel can be a bit of challenge to decorate as the scale of a standard-size wreath looks lost on it.

I love all things *bee* so this Apiary Apron with bee skep ‘spoke’ to me when I saw it several months ago! While it will be good for buzzing around in the kitchen or in the garden, (when it’s not 90+ degrees in the shade!) I decided to use it decoratively as an alternative to a wreath, and hang it on the back door of the Potting Shed.

I had a ‘bee in my bonnet’ about how to add more bees to my shed door and to buzz around the apron. . .

I decided to use some magnets! I had the small bee magnets and craft magnets already and found the Primitives by Kathy magnets on Amazon to add a little whimsy.

I used plain craft magnets are on the under side of the straw brim, to hold the decorative magnets in place. The magnets will serve as a temporary decoration without damaging the hat.

A bee magnet was added to the galvanized wreath hanger on the door that the hat and apron are hanging from.

The Potting Shed door has an overhang on the porch to give the apron and hat some protection from the elements. The apron is machine washable so it can be easily cleaned when I take it down to add something different in a month to welcome fall.

The apron ties are tied around the door on the inside.

The Limelight Hydrangeas are in bloom and are the only flower in the garden that isn't complaining about the heat!

If you’re looking for an easy to grow, low maintenance shrub for your garden to plant this fall, that will provide beautiful cut and dried flowers too, see my Public Service Announcement:  Plant a Limelight Hydrangea. . .or Five.

I would love for you to buzz by my blog for more details and sign up to be notified by email to see my latest DIYS, recipes, garden blooms, lake life, for some puppy love and more!

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is