Christmas Wood Shim Tree DIY

$5

This is a cute wood project that can be done for less then $5. I like quick simple projects and this is a bit different too. It's the perfect addition to your Christmas decor. Enjoy!

What you’ll need:

Shims (hardware store)

Foam board (Dollar Tree)

Printer paper (any that you like)

Hot glue gun

Stain (optional)

Take out your 12 wood shims.

Lay them in the shape of a tree using 5 on each side with the wider part at the bottom and the narrow part at the top to make the tree point.

Leave two to make the bottom like this.

Now get your foam board out.

Lay your tree on top. If you want to add paper make sure to have it on the foam board before this step for easier results.

Now glue the wood pieces together and attach them to your board. If you want your tree stained make sure to do that before gluing them down.

Now it should stand up and you can add a stem.

Here is one I made that is stained and with a stem embellishment. You can make them any way you like.

They are so cute! You can make them in lots of different ways. Just have fun with it.

See more of my DIYs at Gilbert Marketplace on Facebook.

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps

• PAUL MELANSON
    PAUL MELANSON

I have osb floors in my workshop. Will the water/glue mixture damage the osb?