Faux Succulent Wreath

$35

Succulents are so popular right now. Mostly because they span the seasons and have a look that's classic and timeless.

I thought it might be fun to put together a wreath created from faux succulents.

It's an easy project you can make with these step-by-step instructions in under an hour.

Here's how to make a faux succulent wreath.

Step 1: Gather supplies

You can buy these supplies at any craft store. I purchased the wire wreath and these faux succulents.

Make sure the wreath is sturdy to support the weight of the succulents.

They come in so many different shapes and colors and look so real even though they are made from a rubbery plastic.

I chose four different succulents to work with.

Next, I cutting off the stems and separating all the succulents into groups.

Step 2: Trim the stems of the succulents

Most of these succulents came with stiff stems. This prevented them from laying flat on the wreath.

With wire cutters, trim the stem of the succulent as close to the back as possible.

Discard stem and flatten succulents to prepare them to be attached to the wreath.

Step 3: Start with the heaviest succulents first

These succulents came in groups of three.

(total aside: don’t they look so real).

They were too heavy to cut apart, so I just wrapped the stem around the wire and secured with hot glue.

This was my foundation. I repeated this step with 5 of these bunches. Make sure to have your heavier succulents distributed evenly on the wire wreath to make sure it hangs properly.

Step 4: Continue gluing

I laid out a pattern of succulents to make sure there was variation with the textures and sizes of the succulents on the wreath. The easiest way to do this is to add the succulents one at a time to the wire wreath form. For example, I added the orange flowered succulents first, then the larger green succulents, then the purple flowered succulents, and finally the smaller green textured succulents.

Keep gluing succulents to the wreath form until you have completely covered it.

Step 5: Let the glue dry and hang

Be sure to check for hot glue strings on the wreath and then your wreath is ready to hang. Please note that the wreath is heavier than a normal wreath and should be hung on a flat surface. Here are a few suggestions for places to hang the wreath:

1. The front door
  2. On the back of a door
  3. A wall
  4. Over a mantel

It's such an easy project to make and you can complete the wreath in under an hour.

Happy decorating.

Like this DIY project? Here are a few other projects you may enjoy:

How to stencil a dresser

DIY flower pots

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Everything Red For Canada Day
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Thistlewood

• Sandy

THIS IS 'SOO BEAUTIFU'L, I'VE HAD FAUX SUCCULENETS AND CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....DID YOU WIRE HTEM ON, DID YOU PUT ANYTHING ON THE BACK OF THE WREATH SO YOU DO NOT SCRATCH THE DOOR??? 8-19-20

• Trudy

I love the idea but faux succulents are expensive. Anybody have hints on where to find them cheap?