Simple Barn Door Build

$50

I had an idea for a simple barn door and wanted to see if I could build it myself.

Measure and frame

Measure doorway to get the measurements you need and use 1x4x8 boards to build frame. I used a staple gun to connect the boards and a miter saw for any cuts.

Add back of door

Finish framing door and add back. I used 4x8 foot 1/4 inch panel board and cut to needed size. I used staple gun to attach back.

Paint and finish

Paint/stain the door to your preference, you may decide to add boards to the back as well, I did not but may do that at a later time. My bathrooms are small and it will be nice not to have door opening into them. I chose to lightly stain it with gray stain and used various waxes to create a look I was happy with.

Finish and hang

I used some dark wax and some white and clear wax to finish front of door. I shopped around for barn door hardware on sale as it can be pricey. Hang the door according to instructions that come with hardware.

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas

To see more: https://mkscott9.wixsite.com/doityoselfbymichae-1

William

Looks great. Always hard to find straight boards. Since they are kiln dried they door may warp over time as it acclimates. Adding boards to the back may prevent or slow the warping.

• Kevin Watt
    Kevin Watt

H build a friend to build a fireplace