Simple Barn Door Build

$50

I had an idea for a simple barn door and wanted to see if I could build it myself.

Measure and frame

Measure doorway to get the measurements you need and use 1x4x8 boards to build frame. I used a staple gun to connect the boards and a miter saw for any cuts.

Add back of door

Finish framing door and add back. I used 4x8 foot 1/4 inch panel board and cut to needed size. I used staple gun to attach back.

Paint and finish

Paint/stain the door to your preference, you may decide to add boards to the back as well, I did not but may do that at a later time. My bathrooms are small and it will be nice not to have door opening into them. I chose to lightly stain it with gray stain and used various waxes to create a look I was happy with.

Finish and hang

I used some dark wax and some white and clear wax to finish front of door. I shopped around for barn door hardware on sale as it can be pricey. Hang the door according to instructions that come with hardware.

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

To see more: https://mkscott9.wixsite.com/doityoselfbymichae-1

Looks great. Always hard to find straight boards. Since they are kiln dried they door may warp over time as it acclimates. Adding boards to the back may prevent or slow the warping.

• Kevin Watt
    Just now

H build a friend to build a fireplace