Farmhouse Style DIY Coffee Cup Holder

$15

Are you working from home these days? My husband works from home now and drinks coffee every single day. So to keep things corralled and a little less cluttered on the kitchen counters, I made a Farmhouse style coffee cup holder. He loves that the cups are handy and I love that I don't have to put them in the cabinets. It's a win win situation for us both.

Supplies Needed:

1 – 2 x 2 wooden piece (post) at 16″ long

A wooden fence post topper for upper base

1 – 1 x 6″ wood piece for bottom base

4- vintage spoons for hooks

4 – 1/2″ screws to hold on the spoon hooks

1 – 4″ screw to hold the base to the pole

1 – drawer pull or knob of choice for accent topper

Paint color of choice

Sponge brush or paint brush

Drill to make the holes in wood pieces

Hammer to flatten spoons and 2" dowel rod to bend spoon handles

Saw if you don't get your pieces cut for you at the store

Router if you want the edges to be curved (only for looks, not necessary)

It seems like a lot of supplies but really it isn't.

After you've cut your pieces, it's time to screw it all together. Drill your holes and use the screws listed above to connect the 3 wood pieces (bottom base, upper base and post/pole) to complete the tree portion of the coffee cup holder. Once you've done that, paint the entire thing whatever color you like.

Making the cup hooks

While your paint is drying, start flattening the spoons with a hammer. You need to do this on a super hard surface. Like a concrete floor. We put a piece of scrap wood on the ground and hammered away until all 4 spoons were flat. Then we used the thick dowel rod to bend the handles. The Mister needed to do this. I tried and it was a total joke. I am not that strong. He also drilled the holes into the flattened spoons.

The Finishing Touches

Figure out where you want your cups to hang and then drill then use the small screws to fasten the spoons to the post/pole. They look so cute! Last we screwed in the knob/drawer pull for the topper and it's finished.

All you need to do now is hang your cups and enjoy! Isn't that adorable? You now have the cutest Farmhouse style coffee cup holder ever made! If you'd like to see additional information or photos, check out the blog post over at County Road 407.

23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Cindy Richter

• Tessa
    3 hours ago

Where's the upper base - I don't see it?

• Cindy Richter
      9 minutes ago

You can see it in the last photo with the basket. It's the smaller square piece (fence topper) sitting on top of the larger base piece. To see more photos, check out the blog post. It's really simple to make. Let me know if you have any other questions.