Super Easy DIY Beverage Coasters

$4

These quick and easy beverage coasters are easy to do and require just a few items to complete. Plus I spent less than $4 for all of the supplies. The perfect budget-friendly option that you can customize any way that you want! This project is so easy and quick that it will seriously blow your mind!

Gather all of your supplies

Supplies Needed:

Scrapbook paper of your choice

Mod Podge

Sponge Brush

Four tiles from any home improvement store

Felt

Spread the tile with Mod Podge using your sponge brush

First, you will want to cut your scrapbook paper to about the size of your glass tile. Spread the Mod Podge all over the top of the tile using the sponge brush.

Then apply scrapbook paper of choice

Next, apply the scrapbook paper on top, making sure it goes on smooth with no air bubbles. Once the paper is applied, add another layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper using the sponge brush.

Repeat these steps for each tile. Let dry overnight.

apply felt tips to avoid scraping surfaces

Cut out small squares of felt and glue to the bottom the tile so that when it is used, it will have a soft bottom to rest on, and scrape up any surface that it may be resting on.

I didn't do it perfectly as you can see, but it still works:)

Seal with Polycrylic

To avoid water damage, set with Polycrylic.

Ready to be put to use!

Now you can enjoy your coasters with a beverage of your choice, or give them to a friend as a gift. The customization options are endless as well!

For this and other DIY Projects for all levels, visit my blog www.liveprettyonapenny.com

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Erin | Live Pretty on a Penny

• Shari
    Shari

Could I cut out pictures from greeting cards instead of scrapbook paper or would it be too heavy?

• Teri Nelson
      Teri Nelson

we've done it with logos from beer cartons. So greeting cards will work fine.

• Lisa Henderson Jennings
    Lisa Henderson Jennings

Instead of applying a Polycrylic topcoat, couldn’t you just use the dishwasher safe Mod Podge? I have used it on some mug projects. It actually goes through the dishwasher and doesn’t turn that white color when it gets wet.

• Magie Cobb
    Magie Cobb

I have done this but I cover the whole bottom with felt. Problem that you could have is when the glass sweats. I also have made crocheted coasters that fit on top.

• Rita
      Rita

About 4 years ago, I found 12"x12" cork squares at HobbyLobby.com. I think they were $1.00 each. I cut the cork into the same size as the tiles and glue them to the bottom. Gives it a really nice, finished look.

Old greeting cards work great on the tiles. I have sold quite a few at craft shows. Usually no two are the same, some have glitter, etc. People love them!

• Goldbeargirl
    Goldbeargirl

I love this SO much! I'm going to use old photos of my family, friends and some pets and give as presents!! Thanks for sharing