DIY Macrame Plant Hanger // Tutorial For Beginners

$3

Hey guys! Today I’m gonna be showing you how to make a macrame plant hanger.

I love macrame and I wanted to be making this plant hanger for a while now. I love the vibe they bring to a space and how cute they look with a plant in them!

It is a very easy project and the end result will reward you for your effort! So, let’s show you how to make this macrame plant hanger!

Watch my video tutorial

But if you like reading the instructions more you can visit my blog for more details.

Grab a wooden or a metal ring and pass through eight macrame strands, 4 yards each, until you reach the center of the strands.

Make the gathering knot

Then, you have to make a gathering knot to join all of the cords.

Make the square knots

Next, you’re gonna need to separate out four sections of four strands each that are close to each other. Then you’re gonna need to take one section and start making square knots.

You need to make fifteen square knots to the section you were working with and then apply this pattern to the other three sections.

Make the twisting half square knots

Next, you’re gonna need to take two sections that are close to each other and separate two strings from each section that are next to each other and you’re gonna make 30 half square knots.

Then I took the next four strings that were next to each other and continued my twisting half square knots until I ended up with four spiral sections.

Make the netting

After that, you need to connect the spirals together and all you have to do is to pick two of them that are next to each other and take the two cords of each spiral that are close to each other and create two square knots about 2 1/2 inch down from the spirals.

You then have to repeat this knotting for all the remaining strings.

When you complete the first row, move on to the second one. Pick two square knots that are next to each other and take two strands from each square knot that are close to each other and make another two square knots.

Then finish another row of knots that are 2 1/2 inch down from the previous row. And keep going until you complete three rows.

Make the final gathering knot

When you’re done with the knotting you’re gonna need to make the final gathering knot about 1 1/2-2 inch down from the last row of your square knots.

Trim the fringe

I cut mine at 6 inches down from the gathering knot and now it’s ready to be hung!

The reveal

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I hope I inspired you to make your own! Please feel free to ask me any question you may have down below. I will do the best to my ability to answer them!

Thanks for stopping by!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Evi from LoveForDIY

• Seretha

Yes I’m going to do this project because I love to macramé myself I haven’t done it in over 30 years but I’ve been wanting to do it and I forgot how to start it now I know how thank you for showing me again can’t wait to get started and I also be showing my granddaughter how to do this it is very relaxing I love it

• Evi from LoveForDIY

Seretha, I'm so glad I inspired you to dive into macrame again after all these years! Thank you so much for stopping by!