How to Transform a Mirror With Old China and Scrabble Tiles

$5

I love to transform unwanted or plain things to beautify and breath new life into them, so when I saw this old plaIn mirror frame in a charity store, I just Knew it was destined for a prettier life!

Cutting old china

Plain mirror

I begin by arranging some old scrabble letters into the words “I am beautiful” you can of course try any phrase or words you like.

I begin cutting old broken cups and saucers china And tableware into floral decals to stick around the frame.

I wear protective eye goggles and use wheeled tile nippers to cut. It takes a little practice but is so therapeutic!

Glue pieces onto frame

Cutting china

I arrange the pieces in the order I feel works best for the frame and balance the colours and shapes. Using PVA glue I stick to frame and adjust slightly before they dry.

Glue pieces to frame
Glue prices to frame

I use small glass mosaic tiles for the inside of the frame and larger tiles for the outside edge of the mirror.

Using softer pinks lilacs to blend and compliment.

I use black ready mix grout and once all tiles are dry and firm, I spread grout over the tiles and work it into the crevices.

Grouting

Cleaning and tidying

Grouting

Using wet wipes and warm water and cloth, I gently wipe off excess grout to reveal the lovely Design and tiles underneath. It takes time to do this part Rubbing and cleaning in-between areas and make it presentable but so rewarding and exciting!

Cleaning grout off

So delighted with final piece and transformation!

Mirror transformation
Mirror transformation
Mirror transformation

Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile