Rae Dunn Inspired DIY Soap and Lotion Dispensers

$2

Home decor doesn't have to be expensive. These soap and lotion dispensers are so pretty and super easy to make! If you love words on your decor, but don't have a Cricut, this is perfect for you. And it's only $2 to make!

Rae Dunn decor seems to be all the rage right now and has been for quite some time. Every time I go on Pinterest I see tons of Rae Dunn inspired DIY decor. I don't own a Cricut, but I still wanted to get the look. I think the font is just so cute!

This project is so easy to make and only takes about an hour or so, depending on paint drying time.

Step 1

I bought these hand soap dispensers at Dollar Tree last year and they've been waiting on me to fix them up. I finally got around to it since I've been stuck at home.

The first thing you want to do is clean the dispensers really well. Remove the pumps and wipe those clean, too. Don't forget to take off the little plastic piece that holds the pumps in place.

Step 2

After the dispensers are clean and dry, tape the bottom part of the pumps with painter's tape.

Then, paint the top parts with spray paint. I used black because I was going for the farmhouse look. You can use any color you choose.

Step 3

While the pumps are drying you can start working on adding the Rae Dunn inspired DIY font to the dispensers. This is a fun experiment!

First, print out your font and cut it out somewhat close to the letters. Apply a piece of tape over the paper and rub it really good with a credit card or something similar. (I used a  pan scraper.)

(You can find the font on my post here.)

Next, drop the paper and the tape into the bowl of water and let it sit for about a minute. (The stickiness will come back after it dries.)

After soaking, start peeling the paper off the tape. You should just be left with letters. Set the paper on a towel to allow it to completely dry.

Step 4

After the tape has completely dried, stick it right onto the dispensers.

It's that simple!

I think they came out really nice and look so good in my bathroom. I'll definitely be using these labels for other items around my house. Especially in the kitchen.

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Michelle