Easy, Budget Friendly Way to Hang a Curtain.

$10

This project is easy, costs little to nothing and is a great renter friendly solution to hanging window treatments.

Supplies

For this project you will need:

•an old belt (I used a worn skinny belt)

•a 1/2 dowel (get creative, you may already have something that can serve as a rod at home)

•small 1 1/2 inch nails (Use anchors with screws if you will be hanging heavy drapes or if you cannot nail into the studs)

•hammer

•tape measure

Determine measurements

Measure your window, dowel and how long you will need your belt pieces to be.

My window opening measures 30 inches. Since my system will be hung outside the window opening I cut my dowel to 34 inches so I have an overlap of 2 inches on each side.

I cut my belt 6 inches, and laid the cut piece over the belt so that both belt cuts measured the same.

Create a mock up of your placement on a flat surface. Measure the distance you want your belt pieces to be and transfer them onto the wall.

Fold your belt strips in half and use a hammer to nail it where you marked your wall.

Hang your rod

Insert your desired treatment on the dowel and place the dowel into the belt loops.

You’re done!

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Everything Red For Canada Day

To see more: //www.instagram.com/lacasasunrise

• Flipturn

What is the length of nails you used?

Did you nail directly into the wall studs or just into the drywall?

• Flipturn

Yes, although Command hooks are advertised as being removable, they are not perfect for all situations, and unfortunately, there is no guarantee that the paint will not also come off.

Their main claim to fame is that they offer an alternative to piercing holes in the wall to hang something up.

• Pris

A belt may be strong and stiff. Couldn’t this concept be achieved wi some string ribbon, rope or string as well.

• Susan Sheridan

Hi, Yes you Inspired me,but took a different route,:) I always have my white duvet cover on bed during spring and summer, go with my Red or black for fall and winter,after seeing this I decided to go red,because I have an old vintage table cloth.So I took a 3 " wide Faux leather belt,cut it,cut 2 tassels off of tablecloth to hide the nail and draped tablecloth through the belt. I love the look. Thanks so much :) have to click picture to see the whole picture :) Again Thanks for your Ideas

• Eva Migdalia Salgado

Yes ty for sharing, love this idea on a big budget and this solution works for i have many windows...