How To Make Cinnamon Pine Cones

$5
1 Day

Do you love the smell of the cinnamon pine cones the store sell? This is how to make cinnamon pine cones and display them for your home. You can see more of my crazy creations here

Prep Work

Depending on where you live, your pine cones might have bugs in them if you collected them from outside.

You have 2 options for getting rid of them.

1. Place the pine cones in a bag, squeeze out most of the air, seal it, and leave it for a week.
  2. Place the pine cones on a foil lined baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees, and bake for 25 minutes.

Essential Oil Method

The first way to make cinnamon pine cones is to place them in a baggie or container of your choice.

Add drops of cinnamon essential oil to the pine cones in the bag. The more you use the stronger they'll be.

Close the bag or container up.

Leave for minimum of 24 hours and up to 1 week.

The longer you leave it the stronger the scent is absorbed.

Cinnamon Spice Method

If you prefer to use natural cinnamon I'll share 3 options with you.

1. Spray the pine cone with an adhesive spray and then apply the cinnamon.
  2. Spray on Mod Podge Ultra, and then apply the cinnamon.
  3. Paint on Mod Podge, and then apply the cinnamon.

Let this dry completely.

Time to Display!

I placed a battery operated strand of LED lights with a timer in the bottom of this bowl.

The timer works by turning it on at say 4pm, then it will run for 6-8 hours and auto turn off. The next day the timer will auto turn on at 4pm.

I placed some of the cinnamon pine cones in the bowl, twisted the LED light strand among the pine cones, and then repeated adding pine cones and twisting in the lights.

Here is the completed pine cone display with the lights.

Here's the display in some dim light.

Other Options

Here are some other ideas of what you could do with cinnamon pine cones:

• Display them in a vase alone or with the lights or tealight
  • Display them in an empty lantern
  • Use some twine/jute and create a garland
  • Hot glue them to a wreath form for a pine cone wreath
  • Add a little twine/jute to the top and create an air freshener or ornament.

I placed my display on my dining room table.

I love that I'll be able to enjoy these for fall and winter.

A little tip, when the season is done, pack some of these in with your fall/winter decor. Next year when you open your boxes it will smell lovely.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Kate Sullivan

I understand that many people will love this project. I, however, would like to remove the cinnamon scent from pinecones. My nearest source for pinecones is Wal-Mart and their pinecones are overwhelmingly scented! Do you have any suggestions for de-scenting pinecones?

• Diane Petykowski

Hi. There are fine suggestions here. This question interested me, as my husband CAN'T STAND that overly potent cinnamon displayed in stores. He doesn't even have to get inside the doors before he'll turn around and leave! He reacts similarly to other "natural" items in craft dept's. He never accompanies!

• J.V.J.

I love the scent of cinnamon and I love this project! But where did you get your display bowl and stand? It's beautiful.

• Donna

I rarely reply, but that bowl and stand? INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS!!

• Jan

Isn't there a chance of mold/disease in the pine cones also? I always read to heat them for this reason besides bugs.