Semi Circle Pattern in Back of Locker Cabinets

$15

If you’re looking for a super cheap and easy way to add a stamped wall in your house or even some visual interest in the back of a cabinet or bookshelf, you’re doing to love this modern sponge painting technique!

If you love this project, grab your quick start DIY guide & subscribe to our blog!

I put together a quick video that walks you through the process that helps go along with the step by step tutorial below:

Step 1. Figure out stamped wall pattern. I found it helpful to test out a few designs on some paper and tape to the area that you’ll be painting.

Step 2. Cut your sponges. If you wanted something larger, you could cut the semi circle from the long edge of the sponge.

Step 3. Sponge paint design. Pour your paint into a paint tray (or a lid of cardboard box like I used). The key when you’re stamping with sponges is to not get too much paint on the sponge before stamping. Dap off your excess on the tray, paper plates or cardboard.

I was able to get at least 3-4 stamps repetitions off every time that I loaded up the stamp with paint.

Tape off any corners of your wall or furniture with painter’s tape where the sponge will only partially be stamped.

I absolutely LOVE how the semi circle pattern turned out. I think it added so much character to the back of the cabinet and is such a fun little “surprise” when you open the locker doors.

If you love these painting the back of your cabinet and want to learn more like it, be sure to check out all of our woodworking tutorials in the archives here!

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Chelsea @ Making Manzanita