DIY Crow Fall Door Decor

$10

Learn how to make a DIY Crow Fall Door Decor using a crow cut from a piece of wood. Paint the crow, add a ribbon, and rope to hang, and you have a beautiful item to display on a wall or door.

Trace Crow Template on a Board

I used a 1" x 16" x 3" pine board for this project purchased from Home Depot. Trace the crow template onto the board. (Crow template available on my blog post or search crow template on Google and enlarge to the size you want, print out, then trace onto the board.)

Cut out the Crow

Use a jigsaw to cut out the crow. Be sure to clamp down your board and wear eye protection.

Sand, Paint, Add a Hanger

After cutting out the crow, sand it on both sides with a orbital sander. Then sand the sides with the orbital sander. Use sand paper for the intricate areas on the edges of the crow.  Paint the crow black on both sides. Staple a rope to the crow for a hanger. Hot glue would also work. Be sure the crow is balanced to hang the way you want it to hang before stapling in place.

Add a Bow and Hang

Make a bow for your crow, then hang and enjoy! Head over to my blog for more great fall ideas!

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Paula Skulina

• C Crow

Perfect for our family. Thank you!

• Kimberj

This project speaks to me because of my affection for the beautiful, intelligent crow. How do some of you not love real ones . I have a murder that visits daily. I love to watch them and listen to their chatter. They're awesome!