Bird Table

$10

This was one of my first wood working builds as my other half wanted a bird table but I wasn't going fork out for the cost of a new one. So in true DIY style I er....done it myself!

What was also good is that I was able to use pretty much all scrap wood to complete this which I like to be able to do to bring the cost down more.

Post and Legs

I started off with a scrap length of 2x4 and again using random off cuts i was able to form 4 legs for it to stand on.

The legs were the hardest part as the tended to twist upwards which to be honest was a pain! If with some braces you to support the legs and the post it was still difficult to get them flat.

Bird Top

Using a scrap bit of marine ply put a base on the top of the post to a size that I thought was suitable for the height.

I did have to buy some wood at this point to have enough of it to be able to make a ledge around the side of the table to stop food falling off.

I also used the same to make some uprights to support the roof, cutting the tops at the angel for the pitch of the roof

Roofing

So for the roof I used some old feather edge fence panels from one we recently took down. These work really well as a roof due to the feather.

trying to fix these in place was a little tough and to make sure the spacing was even. But with a little perseverance it came out ok.

Test Run

I could now get it out in the garden and make sure it was suitable. Although most of it was guess work in terms of size and height it turned out alright in the end!

Lick of Paint

Finally step was to use some fence paint I had left over and a little external white wood paint on parts just to give it some contrast.

I am pleased to say the other half loved it! And we often get birds using it to!

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

• Kathy Schumpert

Love it! I am gonna have to build one or two! Squirrels and birds are welcome and what they don’t clean out during the day the raccoons will at night! Think I am going to cement the post in the ground though because the raccoons will likely bring it down. Thanks for sharing.

• Nancy

Nice job! I made a similar one but used a piece of screening I already had for the flooring so that it drains the rain and snow out.