Towels.

+16

Hi to you all. What can one do with a load of old towels?. ( i have enough dusters though lol). Thank you.😊

• Donate them to an animal shelter?

• Annie Annie on Aug 23, 2020

My hubby uses them as shop rags but Adrienne's idea is much better :)

• Dee Dee on Aug 23, 2020

I volunteer at an animal shelter and we always can use more towels.

• I use them as rags for DIY projects and for a 'cushion' on finished pieces that need to be assembled or have screws added, etc.

• Nan W. Nan W. on Aug 23, 2020

Kathy: Animal Shelters would SO MUCH appreciate them!

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Aug 23, 2020

Send them to me. I always need rags for staining woodworking projects or cleaning up my messes.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 23, 2020

Ken, I'll tell Lassie to bring you some from the animal shelter.

I'm sure they will have extra to spare by now.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Aug 23, 2020

Hello. Animal shelters and rescue organizations very often appreciate donations of towels.

• Maura White Maura White on Aug 23, 2020

I have donated mine to local cat shelters - they always need towels!!!!!

• Mogie Mogie on Aug 23, 2020
    19 Ways to Reuse Old Towels

https://www.wisebread.com/19-ways-to-reuse-old-towels

• Em Em on Aug 23, 2020

My first thought was donating to animal shelter but FOUR people have repeated the same answer. 2nd thought is a local groomer. They would probably appreciate them. You can use strips to tie up vegetables in the garden. Cut them into smaller pieces sew like an oven mitt and use to wash your car. Make a "pillow" out of pieces filled with bar soap scraps in small squares to wash your hands in the laundry tub after gardening or working on projects. Just wet and rub hands on it then hang in sink to dry. Stuff squares of them with foam and use for kneelers when gardening or projects that require you to get on the floor. Make long strips double thickness and sew in tubes. Fill with kitty litter for draftstoppers at the bottom of outside or basement door.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 23, 2020

Hello Kathy,

You could Donate them to an animal sanctuary , Cat/Dog home etc. You could cut them up and make Facecloths. Use them to make concrete Vase Planters. Cut them up and make plated headbands. Make Bath time Hair turbans etc. Make baby knickers. Make Poolside or veranda cushions Cut them up and make rugs.................Enjoy the journey!

• Janice Janice on Aug 23, 2020

Hi Kathy, here's an entertaining video that may add some more suggestions to all the others you've received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK8oTZp9M4E

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 23, 2020

Donate to the local YMCA/YWCA or a nearby pool that offers swimming lessons. There is always at least one kid who forgot to bring a towel!

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 24, 2020

If the towels are clean and not stained, donate to a local Women's Shelter or Emergency Family Services office. Some Food Banks also accept towels as part of a donation of soap or other personal hygiene items.

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Aug 26, 2020

Hi Kathy, you could donate them to an animal shelter as well. They are always looking for towels to use as bedding and for other uses.

If they are beautiful vintage towels there are beautiful projects you can make with them and I wouldn't get rid of them.

https://www.recreateddesigns.com

• You can donate them to your local animal rescue, they are always in need of towels.