Create Elegant Pumpkins To Update Your Fall Decor

$68

Fall is almost here y'all!

Bonfires, pumpkin spice everything, crisp air, oversized sweaters, cozy socks, and pretty colored leaves 😍

I can't wait!

Last year, I did a tutorial on these Elegant Pumpkins. They were quite popular and many readers were left with questions. So, this year, I decided to do a video tutorial that will hopefully answer some of these questions for you ♥️

So, grab your foam or plastic pumpkins, some paint, Frenchic's Frensheen, your favorite waterbased Topcoat, 1 or more Redesign With Prima Decor Moulds, corn starch, wood glue and a few paintbrushes and let's get creative!

Written directions are first, video tutorial is at the end 😍

Paint Your Foam or Plastic Pumpkins

I'm using the photos from last year's tutorial since silly me, I only took a video and not photos of this year's tutorial 🤦‍♀️

Color used in the video is Frenchic's Velvet Crush.

The photo shows Frenchic's Wise Old Sage

Paint your pumpkins using any paint you'd like in any color you prefer. Since they are for decor purposes, you don't have to worry about them being durable

Create And Apply The Paper Clay Appliques

Once the paint on your pumpkins has dried, you can cover them in paper clay Appliques 😁

Dust the silicone mould with corn starch, don't let it pile up in the corners, just a light dusting. Then smoosh the paper clay into the mould. As you smoosh it in, remove the excess clay so that there's nothing flowing over the edge.

Flip the silicone mould over and slowly peel it back so that the paper clay pops out. You can help it out if necessary.

Carefully pick up the paper clay applique and apply wood glue all over the back and then place it onto the pumpkin. Carefully and softly press it into place and be sure that it is adhering to the surface. If it's sliding, you can lightly tape it into place until the glue begins to dry (about 1-2 hours, then remove the tape). Continue this process until you have the desired look.

You can overlap paper clay Appliques as well. Just be sure that it is adhering to both the pumpkin and the other applique surface.

Allow the paper clay to dry for at least 12 hours. You want the appliques to mostly dry before moving on.

Paint The Paper Clay Appliques

Now that the appliques are dry, it's time to paint them with the base color of the pumpkin. He sure to get all of the nooks and crannies as well as the edges. You don't want any of the paper clay showing

Add Metallic Frensheen

This is my favorite part and where you really start to see the design come alive!

Frenchic's Frensheen is a mineral powder pigment that comes in 5 different colors... Gorgeous Gold, Sexy Silver, Green Goddess, Cool Copper and Beautiful Bronze.

I love combining the gold with just a bit of silver. Typically, I pour about an ounce of Frenchic's Finishing Coat (or your favorite waterbased Topcoat) into a 4 ounce container and then add in about 2 tablespoons of Gorgeous Gold Frensheen with about 1/2 a teaspoon of silver. I don't actually measure when I mix it up, so these are just are estimates. Everyone's tastes are different, so go with whatever you like best 😁

Using a small fluffy detail brush, dip it in to the mixture so that just the tip of the brush has Frensheen on it. Then, lightly brush over the paper clay appliques. You can also paint the stem with the Frensheen

Video

I hope you enjoy the video tutorial and are inspired to create some gorgeous pumpkins yourself!

Sit back and enjoy your creations ❤️

Price and time is based off of one pumpkin and 2 silicone molds

You can find all of the Frenchic and Redesign with Prima products in my Etsy shop. There are dozens of different Silicone Decor Moulds to choose from, so you can really get creative with this project 🥰

The specific Decor Moulds as well as colors of Frenchic paint and Frensheen is listed in the materials section

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out 😉

If you would like to follow us and see our other projects, you can check out Facebook page here https://m.facebook.com/deerrunrevamps/?ref=bookmarks

Thanks for checking out my tutorial! Happy fall 🍂🍁🍂🍁

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Southern Belle

By the way, your directions were perfect! You were specific and very realistic, which I appreciate! Thanks so much for teaching me something new!

• Deer Run Revamps

This is my favorite part...hearing from those who were inspired and created something beautiful. I just love your pumpkins! Happy fall!

• Flipturn
    Just now

In their next life these ornate pumpkins will be gilded coaches for Cinderellas.