Vintage Cabinet

$295

I was really excited when I saw this gorgeous cabinet.

Before

I took out the glass by prying the wood around it off. I wanted to remove the design over the glass.

Before

Once I removed it and the drawer, I cleaned it with Krud kutter, a really good degreaser found at Home Depot

I thought this was really neat, the furniture company puts metal plates on each piece!

There wasn’t much to fix, just this little piece that needed filled in. I used Durhams water putty.

I decided to go with a light color, so I painted it in magnolia homes gatherings.

It took some time as I used mostly a brush and roller. After a light sand it was ready for the next stage.

I used two stencils for the inside. Since it’ll be Fall soon, I thought it appropriate to add a little Autumn/farmhouse fun. I measured in between where the shelves would be, then stenciled in a nice soft gray, nothing to crazy! Just subtle.

The top is part of one stencil and the truck another! Don’t be afraid to get creative and make your own look!

This is turning out great!

Now to add the shelves.

For the next step, I used a chevron stencil for the side of the drawers just to add more details. I used the same paint color, gatherings.

I found these gorgeous ceramic knobs which are perfect in keeping with the color scheme I chose.

I absolutely love how this turned out! I was a little hesitant about the stencils, but glad I did it! It gives it a warmth and such character.

The chevron details are just perfect!

All of the details stand out now. I lightly sanded the whole piece on all of the details.

It’s so light and fresh now!

Ready for its new home!

When do you decorate for Fall?

Loving the simplicity of these accessories.

I hope this inspires you to be creative and think outside the box!

I staged it for Fall as I have a boutique and this piece is for sale! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Beachwood Place LLC

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

• MAGGIEE

Seems I am disagreeing with several. I normally love leaving wood finishes natural, but this piece turned out so lovely, I'm glad you changed it and shared your methods.

• Beachwood Place LLC

I appreciate it so much, thank you! Some old pieces are so messed up, I love bringing them back to life for someone else to appreciate for years to come!

• Donna Church

I love it!!