Easy Shoe Storage Solution

$15

My daughter had an open wardrobe with just one shelf up high and a rod for hanging clothes, so I had her shoes in little wooden boxes on the ground but they would always end up a mess. So I decided to make some new shelves to keep them a little more organised.

BEFORE

As I always change around decor in my home, I have a garage full of old shelves etc, so before heading to the hardware store I had a look to see if I could use something that I already had.

I was pretty excited to find I had a stack of plain white wooden shelves that I once had in my sons room. Even better, they were the exact length of my daughters wardrobe, so I didn’t need to trim them! Gotta love that! 👍🏻

I also found some offcuts of timber that I decided I would use for the support of the shelves.

Once I had all my materials ready to go, I started by measuring the depth of the shelves and then with those measurements I cut the pieces of timber to be approx 4cm (a bit over an inch?) shorter, so that they would be a little hidden under the shelves.

I then measured where I wanted the shelves to sit and then screwed and glued the timber pieces onto the wall.

Adding the timber to the wall.

Once the timber pieces were attached to the wall, I then put a line of Selleys Hold Up glue on the top of each piece.

Applying glue to the timber.

Lastly, I put the shelves on top and added a little pressure to push them into the glue.

Adding the shelves on top.

I though about painting the timber pieces either white or the same as the wall colour, but when standing up and looking down at the shelves you can’t see them at all so I decided to just leave it for now.

This was such an easy and cheap project (it actually cost me nothing as I had everything at home), but has also made a huge difference in keening her shoes neat & organised! 👌🏻

For more of my projects, please check out my Instagram page @_prettyliving

AFTER

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving

• Munique Robinson
    Munique Robinson

The little boxes are adorable, I'd paint them and hang them or put felt on the bottoms (save the beautiful floors) and keep them under the bed as book shelves

• Doreen Blake
    Doreen Blake

We have way too many shoes for this! We use laundry baskets!