Easy and Affordable DIY Café Curtains

$10

Last year, I renovated our outdated kitchen. However, because I was working with a very tiny budget, it wasn't an elaborate reno that involved taking down walls or replacing cupboards. Even though it was a small, DIY renovation (think painting oak cupboards and covering up floral wall tile with modern peel-and-stick decals), it still turned out amazing, and I want to share one of the projects I used to give our kitchen a fresh, new look without breaking the bank.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to get all of these things at a dollar store.

Personally, I wasn't able to find the specific colours and styles I was looking for at one, but I still managed to snag my ideal materials for reasonable prices at stores like HomeSense and Walmart.

To get this hack started, all I did was quickly iron out the creases and wrinkles from four of the cloth napkins I purchased. I then attached a few clip-on curtain rings along the top of each one.

Next, I slid the rings onto my tension rod and secured it in place between the cupboards that bookend the window over our kitchen sink.

Without much fuss, I wound up with a practical and pretty set of café curtains. Just like that!

In the future, I'd love to have a set of timeless bamboo blinds in this part of the kitchen. But for now, I'm more than happy with the way these look.

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Katie Sara Creates

• N. G. Londonderry

Good idea!

One question, though. The package of napkins say the napkin size is 20” x20”. They are square napkins but when they are hung they don’t look square they look rectangular and not 20” X 20”. Why ?

• Sandy Sinnett

I prefer a thinner rod so I use a tension rod not a shower curtain rod. Also I use kitchen towels, always a huge variety and depending on where you buy them, can be very affordable. I change them out for seasons and holidays or just whenever!! The napkins are a great idea too.

• "D"
    2 hours ago

Inspired for sure...I like this look. I don't have bookend cupboards but a wall and cupboard. I've hung my curtains on a tension rod for winter...seems to be a more "cozy" warmth. I will be looking for rings, rod & towels / napkins...love this thank you for sharing