Easy and Affordable DIY Café Curtains

$10

Last year, I renovated our outdated kitchen. However, because I was working with a very tiny budget, it wasn't an elaborate reno that involved taking down walls or replacing cupboards. Even though it was a small, DIY renovation (think painting oak cupboards and covering up floral wall tile with modern peel-and-stick decals), it still turned out amazing, and I want to share one of the projects I used to give our kitchen a fresh, new look without breaking the bank.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to get all of these things at a dollar store.

Personally, I wasn't able to find the specific colours and styles I was looking for at one, but I still managed to snag my ideal materials for reasonable prices at stores like HomeSense and Walmart.

To get this hack started, all I did was quickly iron out the creases and wrinkles from four of the cloth napkins I purchased. I then attached a few clip-on curtain rings along the top of each one.

Next, I slid the rings onto my tension rod and secured it in place between the cupboards that bookend the window over our kitchen sink.

Without much fuss, I wound up with a practical and pretty set of café curtains. Just like that!

In the future, I'd love to have a set of timeless bamboo blinds in this part of the kitchen. But for now, I'm more than happy with the way these look.

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Katie Sara Creates

• N. G. Londonderry
    N. G. Londonderry

Good idea!

One question, though. The package of napkins say the napkin size is 20” x20”. They are square napkins but when they are hung they don’t look square they look rectangular and not 20” X 20”. Why ?

• Annie
      Annie

Optical illusion with the elongated window I think.

• Robin
    Robin

Where did you purchase the pendant lamp? Love it!

• Sue
    Sue

You can do the same thing with cotton (or whatever you like) dish towels. I love color and pattern so that would be what I would use and have used in the past. Also, they can be placed up higher on the window since they are oblong. Yours look so clean and bright!