Wood and Leather Desk Organizer

$10

Hi friends! I'm a newbie teacher, and I won't lie, I'm a l'm a little nervous about going into this precarious school year with the distance learning and all that in store. Well, to calm my anxieties, I am working on creating a nice and welcoming "home classroom" space in my home to be used for teaching virtually. One thing that I really needed was a place to store papers and booklets, and things of that nature. I came across what looks like a part to a dresser which a neighbor was throwing away. I took it home, and got to work!

I had a whole bunch of faux leather leftover from a recent project, and I figured I could use it along with this piece fo wood to create a hanging desk organizer, and one that's chic too!

Cut the leather

I'm not one for measurements, so apologies in advance! I cut out two pieces of the faux leather. For the bigger pocket, I measured the fabric to be just a few centimeters smaller than the wood piece.

Create the pocket

To create the pocket, I folded the first piece of leather in half like so.

Then, using a staple gun, I nailed just the center of the back half of the pocket onto the wood.

Then, I refolded the pocket and stapled the two end sides ONLY (not the center) onto the wood.

All you need is those corner stapled down, and one pocket is done! Tip for you- I painted the staples gold before using them. It just gives it a nicer look.

The smaller pocket is the same width as the first, I just cut like a 1/4 off of the length. I wanted the top pocket to be shallower, to hold smaller items like post it notes and pens. I created the pocket the same way I did the first.

Finished pockets!

Attach picture hangers

I used two of these picture hangers and nailed them to the back.

And here it is! My home classroom is coming together!

Hope you like this idea, and maybe you'll give it a try yourself!

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now

• Giselle Mignon Nilsson

This is such a simple but awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!!

• Janice

Very nicely done! How amazing something so simple and attractive is also very useful.