I couldn’t look at this fixture another day it had to be upgraded.
DIY Waterfall Chandelier
I took my dated light fixture and stripped it down for a $40 transformation. The upgrade took it from the early 2000s to trendy now!
How it all began.
First it took off all of the old glass and ... well, tossed it. I found these cylinders on FB marketplace for $10. Kind of lucky here but you can also find them on amazon.
Creating the bottom shade
I got a wreath form from the dollar tree and snipped it down With wire snips to just a circle to use as a frame.
The spool of chain is from amazon and you can basically get any color that you want.
Now the tedious part. I cut each chain the length I wanted as it drapes over the wreath frame.
Drape the chain over to make sure it’s the length you want and use this chain as a guide as you cut the rest.
Secure the chain
I worked in sections after I had a bunch of chain cut. Slide hot glue in about 1-2 inch sections and hang the chain on the wet glue... works pretty quick at this point.
I held it up to the light fixture to make sure it’s the length I want and it was all even.
Paint the skeleton
clean and scuff up the frame of the fixture. I used 80 grit sand paper to scuff it. Then prime and paint the color that you want! I used Rust O leum in dark bronze spray paint.
Secure the shade
I’m using floral wire from the dollar tree. Wrap the wire through the frame a couple of times and twist and tie to secure it in place nice and tight.
For the initial attachment point I used a soup can to prop up the frame so I could work with two hands.
I added some paint touch ups because the wire was blue.
All lit up and fabulous!
Top Hometalk Projects
To see more: //instagram.com/discoverydecor