Make This Halloween Door Swag DIY In a Day

$50
1 Day

This Halloween door swag DIY project is perfect for the cute side of All Hallow’s Eve. You can create this look in only a few hours.

This Halloween door sway DIY is so easy, you will have it hanging on your door by the afternoon!

Supplies:
  • Floral foam block for dry flowers
  • Wire cutters
  • Assorted flowers, twigs, and grasses – your choice
  • Ribbon – your choice but I chose two different patterned ribbons with the same color scheme
  • Craft/floral wire
  • Floral tape
  • Wire coat hanger

*I found everything for this Halloween door sway DIY at the local craft store.

Step 1- Prep the Base

Take your wire coat hanger and bend it flat.

Cut off the end where the hanger curves.

Insert the modified hanger into the floral foam block.

Step 2 – All about the Greenery

This is the step where the magic happens. Cut all your stem if you purchased flower/grass/sprig bushes. Determine how far you would like your swag to “stick out”, pretty certain there is a better way of saying this. I chose to cut my floral stems in 6, 8, and 10-inch lengths and my sprigs/ grasses… I cut as I went.

I don’t believe in hard fast rules except for the rule of odds and the rule of triangles. Use an odd number of stems, so I had 3 of one type of one flower and 5 of another. When I placed the flowers in the wreath, I tried to create loose triangles in my placement – this will help with creating a balanced look. Do your best but ultimately rely on your “eye” for what feels right.

Place sprigs at the top and bottom in a fan formation. This will give us our height. Once all the florals have been inserted, we will go back and add more sprigs/grass to fill out the front and give a more dimensional look.

Step 3 – Add the Fluff

Create a few loopy bows to tuck into your wreath. One at the top corner and one at the bottom corner. Add a few long “tails” at the bottom. To keep the whimsical appeal – use a couple of different patterned ribbons. If you need help on making a bow- I have a super simple way ( just click here) to get you comfortable in making them. I keep saying that I need to do a post just on the different ways of creating a bow. Maybe this is the year!

Step 4- Display

Time to display your beautiful Halloween door swag! This wreath can be used on the porch or in your favorite room. You can even add a few crows or spiders or sugar skulls – whatever makes you happy and makes this uniquely yours.

Follow me on Instagram for more inspiration! @theaspiringhome_

Till Later Friends,

Joy

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Joy

• Katy Hanrahan

Trying to figure out what the wire hanger is for in this project?

• Sharon Kerechanin

The wire hanger holds the arrangement onto a nail or ‘hanger’ on your front door I’m sure.. I have used hangers on the back of wreaths..

• Dorothy

Please, where did you get your BOO wood letters?