Make a Fairy House Wreath

$15

A little wooden bird house has been hanging out with my craft supplies for quite some time. It was time to do something with this. I had also purchased a moss wreath form at one point that I hadn’t done anything with. Then you get that “ah ha” moment and figure out what to make, and this is it! I would love to have you stop by my blog , Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Gather some pinecones and start taking them apart. You want to separate each individual “petal”.  Cut the pinecone in pieces with a pair of wire cutters and then use the cutters to cut off those “petals”.

Use hot glue or your favorite craft glue to attach the “petals” as shown above. 

Of course after I started gluing down the pine cone pieces, I realized I should have painted the top brown in case it showed through anyplace. Better late than never, I painted it at this point. 

Finish gluing all of the ‘shingles’ on the roof of the house. 

Next step was to collect some bark that peels so easily from our sycamore trees. This will be used to cover the sides of the little bird house. 

Craft scissors easily trim the sycamore bark to fit it around the base of the house. 

At first I thought I would leave the hole in the bird house for the door, but later I changed my mind on that. 

When I wanted to attach the fairy house to my wreath, I used wire around the top edge beneath the roof and twisted it securely in the back. I would use this to secure the fairy house to the wreath.

Another wire was added near the base of the house and hidden with additional pieces of bark. This would provide two wires to secure the house to the wreath. 

Of course, fairies need a door. I fashioned one out of bark and added a tiny twig door knob. 

With the fairy house complete, it was time to build my wreath. I secured the house to a 12″ moss wreath form with the wires. 

The rest is very easy, and the fun part. I wanted to hide the bottom of the house, so I attached some reindeer moss with hot glue. A couple of faux leaves and artificial butterflies were also added. 

A few little faux mushrooms were also added to give the woodland feel to the fairy house. 

A few more leaves, butterflies and clusters of acorns and a sweet little fairy house wreath is done and ready to decorate a corner of your home! 

You can see more of my projects here

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Chloe Crabtree

• Amy

This is cute and it gave me another idea to make this. Instead of a wreath, I'm just going to make like a fairy house bird feeder and maybe make another different kind of one (a little bit bigger) for my grand-daughter to play with! Thank you for sharing!

• Mary Coakley

Absolutely gorgeous love your imagination