Dinosaur Beanbag Chair

$50

I transformed a basic beanbag chair into a dinosaur without using a sewing machine. I think this method/ concept would work for other animals you have in mind too.

Buy a plain beanbag

I found this specific one for a great price on Target’s website but any beanbag will work

Choose a cotton fabric

I highly recommend a cotton fabric if you aren’t using a sewing machine and especially since it will be attached to the chair by hand.

Use Fabric glue to “sew”

I cut out the shape I wanted for the spikes: triangles. Then I placed glue along 2 edges of the triangle (side that would show) and attached two triangles together. At this point, the non-printed side of the fabric should be showing. Wait for glue to completely dry to move onto the next part.

Flip Triangles right Out

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Once the glue is dry, gently pull the fabric right side out. (This is why you have only glued two edges so far). Stuff with filler and then seal the remaining side with glue.

Shapes should be complete

This is what my spikes looked like after I finished gluing. Again, before moving on, make sure glue dries completely.

Attach the spikes by hand

Next I took a needle and thread to see each spike onto the beanbag by hand. (Highly recommend a thimble because the beanbag material was so thick)

Enjoy your new Dinosaur beanbag!

Hand sewing the spikes on made this dinosaur pretty sturdy. Making the spikes with a sewing machine would add more security but overall our dinosaur is still going strong!

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCzHMn5JfeE/?igshid=1k5o0sfqvwdkg

• Lynne

cute, and clever idea!!

• Melinda Record

LOVE this ~ so clever and special. Great way to re-purpose and who wouldn't like having a comfortable and friendly dinosaur in the house? Cute, cute, cute!!

Thank you for sharing!

• Jazzy

Thanks so much! The one I found was so soft and comfy too!