Glam Nightstands DIY

$20

I was searching online for a glam look nightstands, but they were just overpriced for me. Starting from this point I’ve had the idea of turning my kids old nightstand to what you will see here. So. Let’s started.

Before

The nightstands were black and scratched, but in good shape and has a modern style. I was looking for that though. I didn’t spend lots of money and time on this project, really, I had just fun on it, yay!!!

Sanding

Unscrew all the hardwares from the nightstands. Began sanding. I used a sander machine with a rough sanding paper because of the scratches and the black color of the wood.

Tips: if its a lighter color and doesn’t have lots scratches, just do a light sanding layer. My father is a carpenter and he always says that sanding its just to scratch the wood surface so the paint can stick better on it.

Painting

give it a good coat of paint and try to cover all the areas. I used a semi gloss off white. Semi gloss and gloss finishing is better for furniture especially if its a kids furniture. It’s always easier to clean them as They get dirty often.

Apply second coat of paint after 2 hours Or when you see that the first coat of paint has been dried.

Decorating

I found this wooden craft sticks in my vanity and I decided to use them as my decorative accessory on the nightstand.

Trimming

I measured the sticks the way they goes on the drawers. Trim one edge and leave the other side intact.

Sparing

Spray gold the drawers knobs and the Woden sticks.

Tips: sand a little bit the hardware before spraying, it. Makes the spray sticks better.

Apply some glue

Let the glue be little bit tacky and then process to assembling.

Assembling

Put the straight edge outside the drawer and The shaped edge inside. I tried to follow the shape of the sticks and that gave me a nice hexagon Shape.

Put back the hardware, and wipe everything out and the job is done.

Final look

Before
After
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space

• Suzie

Gold isn't my colour, but I've got silver spray and a little drawer unit that is crying out for this make-over! Very clever idea and looks wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration.

• Lisa West

Look great. Thinking out side the box and having fun is the best way to craft and come up amd out with wonderful ideas. The cheaper the better to. Womderful job. Thank you for sharing.

• Hinda

Aw! Thank you so much I’m so flattered! Being resourceful and using the cheapest and available households items is what I like. I’m very happy you liked my project.