Denim Scraps Flower Pot

$0

This is a FREE and EASY Craft that Turned out adorable. I recycled some old denim jeans into a fun and Stylish Flower Pot.

Here is how my flower pot turned out. Super Cute, Right? Let me show you how easy it was to make. You Will only need These Three things:

1. A flower Pot I used a small terra-cotta pot, but any size and type of pot that you have on hand should work just great. 

2. Denim Seams ScrapsI cut the seams out of the pant legs on some old denim jeans. I also mixed in a couple of just plain denim strips. Just work with what you've got since this project is all about recycling what you already have.

3. Hot Glue Gun & Glue SticksThe hot glue works really well at adhering the denim to the flower pot. 

Cut Strips of Denim

My denim strips started out at about 23 inches long, but I ended up cutting them down to the size needed as I went along.  Depending on the size of your pot, you really don't need that many strips.

Glue on Strips one Row at a Time

Attach the denim strips to the pot one row at a time. Glue the strips on as you wrap it around the pot, and then carefully cut the strip at the end so that the starting point and ending point just barely touch.

I didn't cover the bottom of the pot because that would have been unnecessary. 

Add a denim strip around the top of pot

I did however decide to add a strip to the top of the pot and I'm glad that I did. It gave it a nice finished look.

Add A Plant

When I was finished with my pot makeover, I just stuck a plant in it.  I still plan to re-pot the plant into this denim pot but I was so excited to share this with you, so for now there's just another pot inside of my pot. :)

Here is a close up of the finished pot. You'll see that I alternated the different sides of the seams that I used. Some of the seams are more clean and finished (which I used at the top and at the bottom) and some of the seams are busy with lots of stitches and strings all about. I also love that some of the seams are a rust color whereas others are navy or black.

If you liked this denim flower pot, then you may also like these Recycled Denim pillows. Find my Step by Step instructions on the blog HERE.

Another project I made using recycled denim jeans are these cool placemats. You can find my tutorial to make these also on the blog HERE

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
The Wicker House