How To: DIY Chalk Board Labels

$10

I am a super organized person by nature. I love when everything has a home. I love even more when everything has a LABELED home. Recently I redid our family's command center, and made a split second decision to attempt some large chalk labels with items I had sitting around my home!The project was a success which is why I'm able to share it with you today!Hi! I’m Kera. I am a blogger, home stylist and mom of 4. I have a colorful, collected eclectic style with pops of modern vintage and cottage boho. If you enjoy my content I would love to connect with you on Instagram where I share my daily projects and home inspiration

BEFORE

Materials Used:Canvas Poster BoardCharcoal Chalk PaintChalk Paint WaxGold Metallic Spray PaintLarge Push PinsPaint BrushCarpenter SquareUtility KnifeChalk Marker
Step 1: Paint the white side of the canvas poster board with charcoal chalk paint. Let Dry.
Step 2: (optional) Stick tacks into a scrap piece of cardboard and spray paint desired color.I wanted mine to be gold so I used Gold Metallic Spray PaintAllow to Dry.
Step 3: When chalk paint is dry use a carpenter square and a pencil to mark a straight line across the canvas poster board.
Step 4: Use a utility knife to cut the poster board straight across the line.
The canvas will now be in strips. (If your edges are a bit rough you can always take a sanding block and smooth them out.)
Step 5: Apply clear chalk wax to the painted side of the poster board to seal the paint. I used a rag to apply but you can also use paper towel.
Step 6: Use the chalk marker to label!
Step 7: When the tacks are dry puncture a hole on either side of the poster label and secure it to a cork board.Done!!
These labels were a quick and easy solution to finish off our family command center. The best part is that you can use water to remove the label and change it out as needed. I would love to know if you try this quick and easy project!

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Kera @hautehouselove