Turning Your Unused Clothes Into Home Decor

$20

I have so many unused clothes that are lying in my closet. Most I tent to give to needy homes. I usually do spring cleaning of my closest at least twice a year. All the clothes that I do not wear either go to my sisters or to homes. However, I came across this beautiful print that I was not ready to let go and I really do not wear it. So I thought what can I do or use it for. I got an idea since I was in the middle of a room makeover. The theme of the bedroom really complemented with the cloth print. So when I was looking for a tribal print pillow case and I couldn't easily find one, I decided to go to the closet and re-purpose my shirt dress into a lumber pillow

How pretty is the print especially the bottom put. I really did not love the shirt dress because it was too long for me and I am pretty short, I tried making it work but it did not work

So what I did was first to cut the area or print that I wanted to use for the lumbar pillow. As mentioned, I really loved the bottom part as there was a mixture of the print. I then measured the size of the pillow and cut the material. Once I did cut, I then sawed the material into one piece to create the pillow

Can you see the lumbar pillow and the print. I think it turned out pretty well

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters

• Janice

Great idea! I've used clothing I loved but no longer wore to cover lampshades.

• Ellen Fite

Love the look. Will give it a try.