Upcycled Cutting Board

$0

One of my favourite things to grab up when I’m out thrifting are different style cutting boards. Follow along as I show you a simple way to spice up your decorative cutting boards so that you can display them in your kitchen!

I picked this up for $1 a while back while out thrifting.

These are all of the items you’ll need for this easy DIY. Everything pictured here I had on hand and did not go out to buy for this project. There’s a good chance you’ll also have these items around your home.

Tape of your board

The first thing I did was tape off my cutting board with painters tape. I’m just simply painting a black stripe down the board.

Paint your board

My next step was to paint the board. Try not to paint against the tape as it may bleed through underneath it.

Keep in mind I would not recommend using food on this after its painted- strictly for decoration.

I then decided to carry the black paint up the handle as it didn’t took right where I had originally stoped.

Attach your twine

Once the paint was dried (I used two coats of the black craft paint) then you can cut your twine and tie it through the hole on the top. My next board I do I think I’ll try and find some leather instead of using twine.

Style you board

This is the final/finished piece! My lines are not perfect but you can barely tell. I think the black adds the perfect contrast!

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:

• Lori Gillenwater

Great idea!!

• Mary Njus

Definitely doing this but in a green stripe to match my kitchen. I have a table runner like yours in cream and green. Thank you for the idea.

• Meg

I’m sure it will look great in your kitchen!!