Modern Blanket Ladder

$50

If you want a quick and easy project for this fall- this one is for you! Hang up all those fall scarves and blankets with this easy and modern looking blanket ladder (or "anything" ladder)! Can also be used for towels in the bathroom, clothes in the bedroom, or hanging pots for on the deck.

Supplies & Tools

Supplies:

• 7/8" hardwood dowels (I bought 18' worth, but depends on how tall and wide you want your ladder)
  • 3/4" copper fittings- 6 tees
  • 3/4" copper fittings- 2 caps
  • All purpose super glue (make sure it mends to metal AND wood)
  • Stain or paint of choice

Tools:

• Mitre saw or skill saw
  • Sander or sand paper

**Note: Unfortunately, dowels and copper fittings aren't the exact same sizes, therefore you'll have to buy the dowels one size up from the fittings you buy. The copper fittings are meant to fit copper pipe which is measured from the inside of the pipe, making the fitting slightly larger than what it is listed as.

Aging the copper attempt...

These copper fittings were shiny and bright and I wanted to age/dull them a bit. I read online that you can do this by using baking soda or vinegar and letting it sit for a while.

Well, I let them sit like this all afternoon and no luck. I then planned to just assemble the ladder then see if I wanted to spray paint them or leave them as-is.

Cut the dowels

Cut and sand the dowels. These are the sizes I did, but you can make your ladder as tall or wide as you want:

• 2 x 30"
  • 3 x 18"
  • 4 x 12"
  • 2 x 10"

Paint the fitting

I decided to spray paint the fittings black. They looked very pink like rose gold as-is which wasn't the look I was going for.

Stain the dowels

I stained the dowels with a mix of natural and dark walnut to get the colour I wanted.

Assemble & enjoy!

Assemble your ladder with a touch of super glue inside the fittings to keep it together. Enjoy!

.

.

.

For more ideas and ongoing projects, follow along on Instagram and Facebook!

Insta: @farmhouse.ongunnshill

Facebook: Lauren Ann Design

~Lauren 

18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home