Easy Marigold Pumpkin Tutorial

$5

A couple of years ago I had like a bajillion marigolds growing in my backyard and I had seen this idea on Better Homes and gardens so my daughter and I decided to try and make this Easy Marigold Pumpkin Tutorial for you!

How to make an easy Marigold Pumpkin

Supplies needed

You can use any type of vase you might have but I would use one that has room for water once it created. You will need to add water occasionally to keep it from dying.

• Small Urn or vase
  • Wet Floral foam
  • Dry floral foam is needed
  • Lots of marigolds 
  • Wooden skewers
  • Knife

Step 1- Find a vase

We used a couple of small urns that I had in my storage of vases that I thought would make this marigold pumpkin look cute but you can use whatever you have! The urn was a little deep so I used pieces of dry floral foam to put in the bottom of the urn and then added some wet floral foam on top. (soak your wet floral foam for about an hour or until soaked through)

3. Start adding in the marigolds

Now you can start adding in the marigolds! I love using marigolds for centerpieces because they grow in abundance and they look so bright and happy. You can see another one of my easy marigold centerpiece ideas here in my  simple fall tablescape using marigolds.

4. Add support if it wobbly

Once I placed the dry floral foam in the bottom of the urn and added the wet floral foam it was kind of wobbly, so we used a bamboo skewer to attach the two floral foams together. It worked perfectly! In the future I would probably of used only the wet floral foam because it dries out fast. 

5. Add more marigolds

Simply poke marigold flowers one by one into the wet floral foam starting at the bottom. As you poke the flowers into the foam leave a little a little space in between until you have covered the entire piece of foam.

6. Add Green Leaves For the Top

Fill in spots where there might be gaps with smaller marigolds so it looks nice and full. For the top of our pumpkin we added in some green leaves to make it look more like a pumpkin. I have a video on the blog showing how we made this cute marigold pumpkin.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
Karins Kottage

• Trish Presting

This is just beautiful, but how long will it last since it is just cut flowers. Do you water it like they were in a vase

• Karins Kottage

Hi Trish,

if you keep your floral foam wet it should last at least one week if not longer. Just add some water every couple of days so that the floral foam stays moist for your flowers 👍🏻