Asked on Sep 2, 2020

How do you remove label fron oui glass jars?

Johnavallance82Peggy BurnetteRedcatcec
+10

how do you remove the label from the oui glass jars

• Thea

Bane of my life! Soak in warm soapy water first then see what comes off. Then use what we call ‘benzine’ (hydrocarbon solvent) and a cloth to take off the rest. I have also been known to use insect spray such as Dyroach or Raid - with gloves, outside and thoroughly washed off of course. But if the label has a plastic coating this won’t work. When I worked in a bookshop we used -‘Brasso’ (for polishing metals) to take remove uncoated price stickers.

• I peel the label and then cover any adhesive left on the jar with peanut butter. Leave it for a bit and it wipes away!

• Chloe Crabtree

I soak mine in warm soapy water and the labels come off. You can always use Goo Gone if you are still having trouble.

• Recreated Designs

Hi Alice, I rub a little Goo Gone on a paper towel and rub it on. It will remove the label and anything sticky that is left behind.

• Em

I keep a small jar of baking soda and cooking oil under the sink. Rub into most adhesives with your finger until it breaks down then wash with dish soap to remove the oil.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I just did this :) Fill your sink with soapy water, then let it soak for 15 minutes. Peel off the label and scrap off. Then dry. Use Goo Gone to get the rest of the sticky residue off.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I soak in hot water and use a scraper. I purchased a set of them off Amazon and have them many places, super handy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F5XMBKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once you have it removed, rub a bit of cooking oil to remove residue.

Then you can wash in soapy water or run through the dishwasher.

• Nan W.

Alice... I use a hair dryer and then Goo Gone.

• Kmdreamer

Very hot water soak in a pot

• Redcatcec

Fill the jar up to the top of the label and microwave the open jar for about 3 minutes, carefully peel off the label with a rag, then use an alcohol based pad to remove the residual glue.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Alice, I remove labels with coconut oil. Remove as much label as you can, soak in hot (really hot) water. Score the label, you can't remove and rub on your coconut oil. Good luck.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Alice

.Soak overnight in soapy water or use WD-40 and rub them off.