DIY Acrylic Frames

$50

If you are looking for a custom way to frame your pictures or artwork to make it stand out from the wall, these DIY acrylic frames are the perfect thing.

Before Photo

Look at how hideous this bathroom was... I can't believe I left it like this for so long! 4 years! But man oh man, after the $100 room challenge powder bathroom makeover and then phase 2 of this bathroom makeover, I can proudly say, this fits my style way more.

So how did I create the 3D art wall? Well, let me show ya!

1. Tape each side of each corner before taking the film off the acrylic

This will make sure when you are drilling that you don't crack the acrylic - it is delicate material.

2. Mark where you plan to drill & Drill your holes

I did an inch in from either side.

Before drilling, be sure to pick the size hole you want and the appropriate drill bit.

When you go to drill, make sure to go slow and steady to keep from breaking the acrylic. You will start to see the plastic curl coming out to make your hole.

Remember, slow and steady.

3. Use your glue dots to secure your picture to the frame & Mark the hole where you plan to hang it

Before going to mark your holes on the wall, be sure to make your frame level to avoid any extra drilling.

4. Use the punch to start your screw & Drill your holes into the wall

5. Screw in your standoffs

My secret tip for you is that we only screwed the standoffs in on the top of each frame once realized after this first row how many holes we were going to put in the wall otherwise.

To make sure the frame didn't move, on the bottom standoffs, we put a glue dot on the back to secure it.

6. Attach your frame to the standoffs & revel in the beauty!

This project made a world of difference and I'm still fascinated by how just a few bucks and some elbow grease can really change an entire room! Check out more projects on our website. The link to the full post is listed below. Happy DIYing!

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Christin | My Homier Home